How to write an overdue payment letter? Check out this Collection Letter for overdue payment final reminder now that fits your needs!
The way you present yourself to your customers is important and should always get your fullest attention. There are many rules to follow when writing a formal collection letter like a final reminder for overdue payment, and these are the essential rules to follow:
- Type your address, email address, telephone number so they can contact you easily and specify how.
- Type the date, in the format: best one line below your address and telephone number, flush left.
- Type the recipient's address, including the title, and address one line, flush left. Whenever possible, address the letter to a specific individual that is overdue and make sure that he will receive the letter. Therefore it's best to track the letter if the situation requires this.
- Type the salutation, the recipient's personal title and full name in the salutation, one line after the recipient's address, flush left, followed by a colon. Leave one line blank after the salutation. Hereby a suggestion: use the recipient's full name unless you usually refer to the individual by a first name.
- Compose the letter, in the first paragraph of the letter's body, you state the purpose of the letter. Emphasize that they are already enjoying the benefits of the service or product purchased. List number of days past due: 30, 60, 90, etc. days since your commitment to purchase and we have yet to receive the payment of amount of purchase or payment, as mutually agreed upon at the point of sale. In the paragraphs following, you can use examples to support your main argument. In the final paragraph, you need to summarize the purpose of your letter again and suggest a suitable course of action to follow. Do not indent the paragraphs. But instead, leave an empty line between each paragraph.
- Close the letter, without indentation, leaving three or four lines for your signature between the closing and your typed name and title. As this notice is the insert applicable number, first, second, third/final notice that we have sent in efforts to contact you about this matter, we require your immediate response in order to avoid taking further actions to collect payment.
We do that additional steps won’t be necessary, as legal and collection agency fees can quickly become quite costly for persons in default. Always mention, that by chance have you already sent payment and placed it in the mail to the organization. If so, then there is no need to give this note further consideration. However, if payment is not currently in route, we urge you to contact us immediately at Phone. As a final reminder, your total amount due to place your account back in good standing is $ Amount.
As you know, communicating in a professional manner will get you respect and will bring you new opportunities in life and business. Therefore, we support you by providing this Collection Letter overdue payment template and you will see you will save time and increase your effectiveness. Please note this template is provided for guidance only. Letters and other correspondence should be edited to fit your personal situation.
Download this formal final reminder collection letter overdue payment template now, good luck!