This Team Leader job description has ways to grab its audience’s attention. It is crafted by HR professionals, intelligently structured and easy to navigate, and provides the major categories that you should include. For example:
Job title: the formal title of the position;
Reports to: the title of the position that the job incumbent reports to
Job purpose: a brief description of the general nature of the position; an overview of why the job exists; and what the role is expected to accomplish. The job purpose is usually not more than four sentences long.
Team Leader Job Duties and responsibilities:
Here is a list with the primary job duties and responsibilities using headings and then give examples of the types of activities under each heading.
- Supports team manager and performs management duties when the manager is absent or out of office
- Manages inventories and stock, including keeping detailed records of inventory use and sales, and advising management on orders where necessary
- Provides encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals and identifying areas for new training or skill checks
- Assists management with hiring processes and new team member training
- Answers team member questions, helps with team member problems, and oversees team member work for quality and guideline compliance
- Communicates deadlines and sales goals to team members
- Develops strategies to promote team member adherence to company regulations and performance goals
- Conducts team meetings to update members on best practices and continuing expectations
- Generates and shares comprehensive and detailed reports about team performance, mission-related objectives, and deadlines
- Ensures company brand materials and physical working spaces meet and exceed company presentation standards
- Provides quality customer service, including interacting with customers, answering customer inquiries, and effectively handling customer complaints.
Qualifications: state the minimum qualifications required to perform the job successfully, and include:
- Professional Certification
- Specialized knowledge
- Other qualities such as personal characteristics
Specific Team Leader Skills and Qualifications:
- Team Leadership Experience,
- Product Knowledge and Industry Experience,
- Leadership Skills,
- Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills,
- Motivational Skills,
- Employee Training Experience,
- Interviewing Skills,
- Sales Skills,
- Strong Relationship Building,
- Customer Service Skills.
Working conditions: state whether a person has to work in special circumstances, such as shift work, working outdoors, working with challenging clients, etc.
Physical requirements: state whether the job is physically demanding like one is required to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects on a regular basis, do repetitive tasks with few breaks, and so forth.
Direct reports: list by job title any positions to be supervised by the incumbent.
Approved by: signature of the person with the authority to approve the job description
Date approved: the date upon which the job description was approved
Reviewed: date the job description was last reviewed
Ideally, a Team Leader job description should be reviewed annually and updated as often as necessary. Having a ready-made sample job description will save you and your Human Resources or Recruitment Department time, cost, and effort!
For that reason, download this sample job description now to reach the next level of success in your recruiting process to find the right candidate!
Also interested in other Job description templates? Browse through our database and get instant access to hundreds of free and premium Job descriptions or other HR documents, HR forms, and more to make you more effective and efficient.