How to create a rental application form? What is the use of the application form for rentals? We have a simple rental application form template that you can use. It includes sections for personal information, rental history, and employment history. It also includes a section for references and a signature. Download our sample template now and get started!
A rental application form is a document used by landlords and property managers to collect essential information from prospective tenants who are interested in renting a residential property. This form is a crucial part of the tenant screening process and helps landlords make informed decisions about whether to approve or deny a rental application.
Key elements typically included in a rental application form are as follows:
- Personal Information: The form will request personal information from the applicant, including their full name, date of birth, Social Security number, and contact information (phone number, email address, and current address).
- Employment History: Applicants are typically asked to provide details about their current and previous employment, including the name of the employer, job title, income, and length of employment.
- Income and Financial Information: Applicants may need to disclose their monthly or annual income, sources of income (such as employment, investments, or government assistance), and financial obligations (e.g., outstanding debts, monthly expenses).
- Rental History: Applicants are usually asked to provide a rental history, which includes details about their current and previous rental arrangements. This may include the names and contact information of previous landlords, rental durations, and reasons for leaving previous rentals.
- References: Applicants may be required to provide personal and professional references who can vouch for their character and ability to pay rent. References typically include names, phone numbers, and relationships to the applicant.
- Criminal History: Some rental applications may ask about an applicant's criminal history or convictions. Landlords may use this information as part of their tenant screening process, although laws regarding the use of criminal history in tenant screening can vary by jurisdiction.
- Pet Information: If the property allows pets, the application may inquire about the type and number of pets the applicant intends to bring, including their breed and size.
- Authorization for Background and Credit Checks: Applicants are usually required to sign an authorization allowing the landlord or property manager to conduct background checks, credit checks, and eviction history checks.
- Application Fee: Landlords may charge an application fee to cover the costs associated with processing the application and conducting background checks. The fee amount and payment details are typically included on the form.
- Other Terms and Disclosures: Rental Application Forms often include important terms, disclosures, and legal notices related to the application process and the rights and responsibilities of both the landlord and the applicant.
Once completed, the Rental Application Form is submitted to the landlord or property manager for review. The landlord will then assess the applicant's qualifications, conduct background and credit checks, and consider the information provided to determine whether to approve or deny the rental application.
Download this professional
Rental application form template now!
For more business templates? Just browse
through our database and website! You will have instant access to thousands of
free and premium business templates, legal agreements, documents, forms,
letters, reports, plans, resumes, etc., which are all used by professionals in
your industry. All business templates are ready-made, easy to find, wisely
structured and intuitive.