How to make a Profit and Loss statement (P&L)?
This P&L Excel spreadsheet is a grid-based file and designed to organize information and perform calculations with scalable entries. Beginners and professionals from all over the world are now using spreadsheets to create tables, calculations, comparisons, overviews, and more for any personal or business needs.
Current Assets and Fixed (Long-Term) Assets:
- Accounts receivable
- Prepaid expenses
- Short-term investments
- Total current assets
- Long-term investments
- Property, plant, and equipment Less accumulated depreciation
- Intangible assets
- Total fixed assets
- Other Assets
- Deferred income tax
- Total Other Assets
Liabilities and Owner's Equity
- Current Liabilities
- Accounts payable
- Short-term loans
- Income taxes payable
- Accrued salaries and wages
- Unearned revenue
- Current portion of long-term debt
- Total current liabilities
- Long-term debt
- Deferred income tax
- Total long-term liabilities
- Owner's investment
- Retained earnings
- Total Liabilities and Owner's Equity
Common Financial Ratios
- Debt Ratio (Total Liabilities / Total Assets)
- Current Ratio (Current Assets / Current Liabilities)
- Working Capital (Current Assets - Current Liabilities)
- Assets-to-Equity Ratio (Total Assets / Owner's Equity)
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio (Total Liabilities / Owner's Equity)
This P&L spreadsheet helps to turn effort into more profit, for yourself or your organization, by making everything a little easier to increase your productivity! This worksheet is a very popular Excel template, and easy to download. It gives you access to do remarkable new things with Excel, even if you only have a basic understanding of working with formulas and spreadsheets. If time or quality is of the essence, this ready-made worksheet certainly helps you out! Just download this file directly to your computer, open it, modify it, save it as an XLSX or PDF or print it directly.
Do you feel overwhelmed by the possibilities Excel has to offer you? Let's not reinvent the wheel, but look at what we can do with the wheels we already have. You will see that finishing such an Excel spreadsheet has never been easier and it's a great way to increase your performance.
Download this free profit and loss template for self-employed now!