How to make a To Do List in Excel? What should be on a daily to-do list?
A daily to-do list should be composed of small tasks that don't take more than a couple of hours at most to complete. Otherwise, they have no place here. This is where a lot of people go wrong. They use daily to-do lists as a reminder of the things they need to work on, but their use of lists ends there. Therefore, a to-do-list is mainly an overview of activities and tasks that you plan to do by yourself or with your project team. Make sure you allocate sufficient time to the tasks, and do not take more time than you have available to complete them. If you plan too many activities, you will find yourself overwhelmed and unsatisfied after the work is (partly) done.
This is where a lot of professionals go wrong. They use daily to-do lists as a reminder of the things they need to work on, but their use of lists ends there. How much better is it, when you finish the list early, you look back on a great day, and decide to do something extra to achieve. This To Do List covers the most important topics that you are looking for and will help you to structure and communicate in a professional manner with those involved.
Sooner or later, you may feel that you are being overwhelmed with your daily private and working life. You are in search of a better balance. The first thing you could easily do is by creating ways to be better organized while staying productive. Although you need to be on top of things, you best do that step by step. The list goes on. Consider these super effective tips and hacks to get the most out of your to-do list and avoid being counter-productive with it:
- Never have more than 5 to 7 activities;
- Break it into two lists: To-do’s, and Dailies;
- Use checklists to keep up with details;
- Do the difficult tasks first and accomplish the most important work on time and overcome the most meaningful obstacles at any given time;
- Prioritizing your important tasks like this lets you always be effective;
- Focus on only one thing at a time;
- Maintain a checked to-do list
- Keep your list accessible
- Make sure you finish most, ideally all, of your items on the list each day.
- Use gamification to stay motivated, find pleasant to-do list items to get you motivated for more;
- Set reminders or deadlines;
- Set your heart out and the right mindset to be better.
This Excel spreadsheet is a grid-based file and designed to organize information, to make it easier for you. Beginners and professionals from all over the world are now using to-do-list spreadsheets to create tables, overviews, and more for any personal or business needs and it helps to turn your effort into more profit and success by making everything clear, help you prioritize and stay focused.
This will increase your productivity! This to do list is a very popular Excel template. It gives you access to do remarkable new things with Excel, even if you only have a basic understanding of working with formulas and spreadsheets.
If time and focus is of the essence, this ready-made checklist certainly helps you out! Just download this file directly to your computer, open it, modify it, save it as an XLSX or PDF or print it directly. You will see that working with a to do list is easy and a great way to increase your performance.
An easy way to create your personalized spreadsheet is by downloading this free printable to Do List Excel spreadsheet template now!