How to write an effective Authorization Letter for Claiming A Check? Download this Authorization Letter for Claim Check template to let somebody act on your behalf now!
This ready-made Authorization Letter Claiming A Check template is well suited for any kind of personal or business matter. When you authorize somebody else, it's very important to provide formal permission in a professional way. When you are able to communicate in a professional way with the recipients of this letter, you will get respect, which will help you to achieve your goal.
If you are in a situation that you need to claim a check or
the person you need to pay wants to ask somebody else to claim the check on his
or her behalf. If someone other than a check payee is to collect the check, the
payee needs to draft a letter that is authorizing a designated representative.
It is always important to connect with the person or representative of a business
dispensing the check to ask if there are any special requirements, but in
general, the Authorization letter should contain the following information:
- Date: Make sure to place a date directly on top of the authorization letter, and this date should not be more than a couple of days from date of collection.
- Letter-recipient information: Recipient information begins below the date. Make sure that you use the formal name of an individual, if possible. Include the persons’ title. Follow this with the formal company name (full name) when applicable, and then place the exact (and most relevant) address.
- Subject: ‘Authorization to claim check on behalf’, ‘Authorization letter to claim check’, etc.
- Salutation: Preferably use a simple salutation (Dear Sir NAME, Dear Madam NAME, etc) directly under the recipient information. You may also use “Whomever it May Concern” if there is no individual name or title available.
- Reason: The reason why you are not able to collect the check yourself and the way it is best to collect.
- Beneficiary information: Make sure to write clearly the payee’s name and address in the letter, and preferably at the beginning of the letter. Use the beneficiary/payee’s formal or passport name as it is expected to appear exactly the same on the check. Do not use any other short names or nicknames.
- Authorization: Come right to the point in the first sentence in the body of the letter. Name the representative using the name which appears on the representative’s primary ID and/or company ID, again avoiding nicknames. State that the representative is being authorized to claim the check for the payee. Aim to provide at least 2 ways to identify the person.
- Check identification: Include a description of the check to be claimed. Describe it as a paycheck for the week ending March 31, for example. Use whatever descriptive information helps the recipient clearly identify the check.
- Period authorization is applicable: Provide a date or specific period during which the authorization to collect the check applies.
- Any further information: Be sure to mention any additional instructions or information needed. If the representative should show Identification Documents or should present the payee’s ID, including these instructions. A request for a phone call or email to the payee, immediately after pick-up, can also be added.
- Contact information: Include the beneficiary contact details, such as the email address or phone numbers, should the recipient wish to make contact.
- Closing: Use a simple closing like “Thank you for smooth cooperation.”
- Beneficiary name: Skip three or four lines to leave enough space for a signature and type the name of the payee below the closing.
- Signature: Always sign the letter in blue or black ink.
By using this ready to use and easy to modify Authorization Letter format for claiming a check, you are sure to have the right letter template. It's also easy and quick to modify and personalize into your own authorization letter in order to let someone else collect a check for you on your behalf. Save yourself time and efforts and download this Authorization Letter format now!
Do you need more information? If you are looking for effective Authorization Letter templates to Claim something else than money, check out the following letters:
AllBusinessTemplates.com provides many kinds of legal and business templates in the range from IT, Environmental, Startups, Marketing, Sales, Procurement, Law, Notary, Finance, HR, Auction, Logistics, Transportation, Maintenance Services, etc. Just search on our website and have instant access to thousands of free and premium business document templates, forms, letters, reports, plans, resumes used by professionals in your industry. All business templates are easy to find, crafted by professionals, ready to use, easy to customize and intuitive.
To Whom it May Concern: This is to certify ... to claim my check from your office on my behalf since I can t be absent from work.