How do I make a professional LinkedIn profile picture?
When you are developing your career, nowadays Linkedin is a great platform to find new projects or job opportunities. Having a professional profile image certainly helps you to get clicks. In fact, studies have shown that your LinkedIn profile is 40 percent more likely to be clicked on if it contains a professional and attractive image. Therefore, it’s important to create a LinkedIn profile photo strategically that helps to convert your prospects into interviews.
To make a professional profile headshot, consider the following:
- At least 65% of the image needs to show your face;
- Make use of HD/ high-resolution image;
- Only put yourself on the image;
- Best not to use selfies, but ask somebody to take the picture for you;
- Choose the right expression;
- Choose basic, not distracting, backgrounds;
- Wear professional work clothes.
What is the ideal image size for LinkedIn?
The dimensions for a LinkedIn photo (Image Specifications for Your LinkedIn Pages and Career Pages):
- Cover Image Page 1128 (w) x 191 (h) pixels;
- Company Photos 900 (w) x 600 (h) pixels.
LinkedIn recommends an aspect ratio between 3:1 and 2:3 and images with at least 552 x 368 pixels to avoid cropping. However, when you are designing your profile photo, it’s best to multiply the dimensions times 2 (1,104 x 736 pixels). That way, your images won't appear pixelated on larger screens. Your LinkedIn profile background photo is displayed at a 4:1 aspect ratio. LinkedIn recommends using photos that are 1584 pixels wide and 396 pixels tall.
By downloading this free LinkedIn profile picture template, you can now easily edit retouch a profile photo headshot that you can use as a professional image.