Please have a look at it and you might even discover this template has a slightly different perspective and can be very helpful.
6 months before your wedding
- Coordinate the date of your wedding with your families
- Prepare a general cost overview
- Make a decision how and where you want to celebrate
- Provide a preliminary guest list
- Collect all required papers and documents for the marriage and the civil registry office'
5 months before your wedding
- Arrange the official registration for marriage with the civil registry office (don’t forget to
bring all necessary documents)
- Make an appointment with the pastor to discuss the ceremony and musical background
- Choose the venue for your wedding party
- Order and create announcements in newspapers, invitation cards, place cards and menu
- Make an appointment with the photographer
- Book the music band
- Order a wedding carriage or a limousine
- Where will you be going on honeymoon? (Keep in mind that vaccinations are required for
long distance travels
4 months before your Wedding
- Choose your witnesses, bridesman, bridesmaids and bridal children
- A wedding candle is a beautiful souvenir of your religious wedding ceremony.- be creative
and design your own candle!
- Send out the invitation cards and (personally) invite your guests
- Buy wedding dress and matching accessoires , wedding suit and shoes
- Take a vacation for your honeymoon and apply for extra vacation days
6 weeks before your wedding
- Buy the rings and have them engraved
- Buy the ring cushion for the religious wedding ceremony
- Contact your hairdresser and beautician for styling tips
- Organize your friends and families to help and organize the wedding-eve party and
- Arrange accommodation for non-local guests
- Create your personal wedding list of wishes
4 weeks before your wedding
- Order the flowers: table decorations, corsages, flowers arrangements in the church and
decorations for the cars
- Organize some small presents for the bridal children
- Order the bridal flower bouquet (this is the job of the groom)
- Make an appointment with your hairdresser and beautician
- Arrange a meeting with your parents, witnesses all and people who assist you
- Buy a guestbook
2 weeks before your wedding
- Check the guest list (who did not answer yet, who is still missing?
- Define the seating plan and prepare place cards
- Break in your (new) pair of shoes
1 day before your wedding
- Prepare tips
- Pack bride’s handbag (make up, tights, sewing kit, aspirins, haircomb, …)
- Prepare the rings and the documents for the civil registry office and church
- Did you inform the hotel/tavern about the exactly number of your guests?
- Try on your wedding dress and wedding suit
- Are there enough cars available for all your guests?
- Are all ordered flowers /arrangements available?
Your great day
- Do you have all required documents for your honeymoon?
- Relax and enjoy your day!
After your wedding
- Send out letters of thanks
- Check and modify your passports, driving licenses, bank accounts, insurance policies,
your entry in telephone directories, …