Job title: the formal title of the position;
Reports to: the title of the position that the job incumbent reports to
Job purpose: a brief description of the general nature of the position; an overview of why the job exists; and what the role is expected to accomplish. The job purpose is usually not more than four sentences long.
What makes a good creative director?
We are looking for a talented and motivated creative director to lead our company's creative department. The successful candidate must possess excellent leadership qualities, with the ability to maximize the talents of their team.
As the creative director, you will work closely with the graphic design and marketing department to deliver engaging content that meets the expectations of our customers. You should be extremely creative, dedicated, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Duties and responsibilities: list the primary job duties and responsibilities using headings and then give examples of the types of activities under each heading.
- Work with the brand team to produce new ideas for company branding, promotional campaigns, and marketing communications.
- Evaluate trends, assess new data and keep up-to-date with the latest marketing techniques.
- Assist clients in resolving issues by responding to questions in a timely and professional manner.
- Create and implement tailored marketing plans based on individual client requirements.
- Direct brainstorming meetings and creative sessions.
- Shape brand standards and create procedures to ensure all products are brand appropriate.
- Supervise the department's daily workflow, assign project workload, and monitor deadlines and budgets.
- Develop exceptional and well-crafted copy that meets clients’ requirements.
Qualifications: state the minimum qualifications required to perform the job successfully, and include:
- Professional Certification
- Specialized knowledge
- Other qualities such as personal characteristics
Working conditions: state whether a person has to work in special circumstances, such as shift work, working outdoors, working with challenging clients, etc.
Physical requirements: state whether the job is physically demanding like one is required to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects on a regular basis, do repetitive tasks with few breaks, and so forth.
- Bachelor’s degree in art, graphic design, marketing, communications, journalism, and other relevant fields.
- A minimum of 5 years’ digital experience, particularly with, but not limited to web, social, and emerging technologies.
- A solid understanding of design, copy, and web practices.
- Brilliant interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have in-depth knowledge of brand development and multichannel marketing models.
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker.
Direct reports: list by job title any positions to be supervised by the incumbent.
Approved by: signature of the person with the authority to approve the job description
Date approved: the date upon which the job description was approved
Reviewed: date the job description was last reviewed
Ideally, a job description should be reviewed annually and updated as often as necessary. Having a ready-made sample job description will save you and your Human Resources or Recruitment Department time, cost, and effort!
For that reason, download this sample job description now to reach the next level of success in your recruiting process to find the right candidate!
Also interested in other Job description templates? Browse through our database and get instant access to hundreds of free and premium Job descriptions or other HR documents, HR forms, and more to make you more effective and efficient.