How to respond to a resignation letter? (Examples & Letter Templates)
There comes a time in life when you’ll have to leave your job behind and start something new. When the time to resign from your position comes, make sure you depart in a professional manner this will be the impression that will last.
There could be many reasons, such as changing careers, accepting another position relocation to another country, change your way of living, changes in personal circumstances. For whatever reason, when resigning, it is best to put your resignation in writing and give at least two weeks’ notice. To help with writing a resignation letter, a sample is included below.
The following is important to consider when you hand over your resignation letter:
- Notice that a resignation letter is brief and positive;
- Inform everyone important about your resignation leaving, inform them your replacement;
- Encourage them to reach out while you’re still at the organization if they have any questions or concerns;
- Keep working hard until the end;
- Continue to put in as much effort during your notice period as you did on your first day;
- Don’t miss work or come in late;
- Thank your co-workers and supervisors personally and/or via email;
- Avoid making complaints or negative statements through email, or on social media;
- Make sure your company-issued devices are handed over in promptly;
- Remove any personal items, and organize both your digital and hardcopy files properly;
- Remind yourself of your reasons for moving on, and focus on the new opportunity ahead of you;
- Never feel guilty about leaving.
Even if you have disliked the job or management, still choose to leave a professional and positive image, since it will be kept in a personnel file and could impact references from the employer.
When you want to write your resignation letter, make sure to provide instant access to thousands of free and premium business, HR, financial templates, such as resignation letters, lay off letters, HR outsourcing service agreements, promotion letters, job transfer letters, reorganization project worksheets, etc.
AllBusinessTemplates.com understands the importance of document templates when you are an employee in a company, or a manager working on a project, or entrepreneur sending out professional quotes, etc. and you want to make a good impression.
Below resignation letters are ready-made, written in a polite manner and can be downloaded and printed directly. Never forget the ones who stood by your side, especially the ones who never gave up on you. Wish you good luck with your next chapter!