How do you write a well-written and effective solicitation letter for fundraising for a Thanksgiving Dinner Party? Have a look at this example solicitation letter for the Thanksgiving Dinner of NGO now.
If you are in charge of a Thanksgiving fundraising for an NGO, sending out well-written donation letters will play an important role in the success your efforts will have. By using a great example donation request letter, such as the one we provide, you will see it provides a source of inspiration for creating an effective donation request letter for the organization you represent. Such kind of solicitation letter is written to raise funds for a good cause from prospective donors or sponsors. Your prospective reader or sponsor would like to know where the donations will be going. Hence, make sure to include details about the utility of funds.
Thanksgiving Day stands for a day of giving thanks and sacrifice for the blessing of the harvest and of the preceding year. It is celebrated as a national holiday in the United States, Canada, and also in some other countries, like the Caribbean islands, and Liberia. In other countries, similar holidays occur, for example, Japan and Germany.
The event is known for the Thanksgiving Dinner, which is commonly prepared with Turkey and mashed potatoes. The meal is served with gravy and gravy is used to cook the turkey. The Thanksgiving Dinner is a special meal prepared at the end of the Thanksgiving season. The Thanksgiving Dinner is usually served at the end of the Thanksgiving season.
This solicitation letter is used for getting donations and fundraising for Thanksgiving Day by organizations to sponsor the dinner or event. This letter is used for sending a request to potential sponsors to raise funds for the charity work and welfare organization.
The purpose of fundraising or donation that is requested in this example solicitation letter, has to be directly related to your organization's mission statement in order to be successful. Only when the sponsors support that mission statement, they will be open to donating for the event.
Keep the essential elements in mind when you want to compose the perfect solicitation letter:
- Purpose of your solicitation letter: solicitations request are commonly written to get financial support, volunteers, participation in a campaign or sponsorship.
- Purpose of donation and/or request for help: make sure the purpose of the donation is worth to organize fundraising programs or campaigns donors can easily be convinced for donations. Emphasize the details of your organization or association and their noble cause.
- Explain how the donations will be used: emphasize the final purpose of your campaign in 1 or 2 paragraphs. If you are requesting financial assistance from the donors, you must mention in the solicitation letter that how that donation will be used. Ideally, provide detailed information about the proper use of money or how it can be utilized effectively.
- Mention the target of the fundraising: mention the target of fundraising to meet your purpose: provide an exact amount you want to raise for your goal (for example, $1,000 USD) that can be compared to the individual donation. The donors can understand how they can contribute a good share for the success of the campaign. You can also suggest the donors the expected amount from them to achieve the target amount. Explaining how one person’s donation will help you and how it can benefit the people in need will help you to convince the donors for contributing more donations.
- Provide additional details of donation forms and submission: clear and specific information about the donation forms and other documents is necessary to complete the donation process, including contact information with the address where the donation can be submitted or sent.
Have a look at this solicitation letter and download it now for your convenience. Good luck with the organization of your event!