How to write an acceptance of a resignation letter? Do you need a Letter of acceptance of resignation from an employee? We provide a perfectly crafted Acceptance of Resignation template that suits your needs! Download this professional Acceptance of the Resignation template now!
What is an Acceptance of Resignation letter?
It is basically your formal written response to a resignation letter that you receive from an employee, which in most cases you will confirm. It is best to keep this letter positive and if you can, extend your appreciation for the work that is done. Besides, it's a good way to provide the solution to a letter of recommendation, which you can write if the employee requests this from you.
30 Details to consider when writing a Resignation Acceptance letter
In general, the following details should be included when you provide a decent resignation acceptance response letter, sent by the board or the HR manager:
- First, before you start working, open the professional format with the letterhead of your company, and follow the visual identity style of your company. Since it’s a formal response in a business letter, best to follow all these etiquettes we are providing to you;
- Address letter to the employee who is resigning, mention name and contact details;
- Specify current job position from which he is resigning;
- Specify the department where the employee is currently involved in;
- Specify the date when the letter is sent;
- Be smart about your subject line, if you accept the resignation, state: “Acceptance of resignation & Congratulations on your new step/journey”;
- Salutation: mention the name of the employee who is resigning;
- Use professional language that remains appropriate for professional correspondence;
- State your reasons for writing, which is conveying the message of acknowledgment regarding the receipt of the resignation letter of the employee;
- In the first paragraph, you should notify the employee that you've received and accepted their resignation letter;
- Mention the date that the resignation letter has been received by the management
- Mention the employee's official last day of employment with the company within this paragraph;
- Make sure to provide a preliminary acknowledgment of receiving the resignation letter
- Show compassion for the situation with the intention to accept the request. You can refer to the situation as described by the employee in his resignation letter;
- As a company, it is important to decide on how to deal with the resignation before you make any promises. Therefore, protect yourself and your company, by not giving in too much in the beginning;
- In your second paragraph, express understanding of the situation and show compassion: show your company lost a good and loyal staff member, emphasize you are all sad to see the employee leaving. It’s out of respect to make the resignation go smoothly for both parties;
- If appropriate, you could consider offering to provide a reference letter for the employee, which can help them in the future;
- Keep records of the letter, by duplicating your acceptance letter, sending one copy to the employee, and keeping one for your own records;
- Explain all the next steps to take by the employee, as well as the employer, regarding the resignation;
- The benefit and pay that the employee is to get upon resignation depending on his or her contract with the company;
- The benefits that will be stopped being given and provided especially those that are under the company’s account and company name;
- Other information that the employee needs to be aware of regarding the resignation processes;
- The reaction of the management regarding an employee’s resignation;
- In the closing of the letter, consider referring to a goodbye party;
- Invite the employee to keep in touch;
- Include a company note of thanks for the work was done, and if appropriate, consider adding a personal note and a bit of praise;
- Always proofread your message before sending the letter;
- Place on the bottom of the letter, on the left, above your printed name and title, place a handwritten signature;
- Making sure that your message is error-free will assure the professionalism and legality of the document;
- Set up an exit interview, to receive more information about the choice to resign from the company. Make sure to show compassion and to be clear of the future. Explain the employee is always welcome to visit or contact the company.
Besides, it's a good way to provide the solution for a letter of recommendation, which you can write if the employee requests this from you. We support you by providing this Acceptance of Resignation letter template and you will see you will save time and increase your effectiveness.
Download this formal Acceptance of the Resignation letter template now!
For more? Just search on our website and have instant access to thousands of free and premium legal agreements, business documents, forms, letters, reports, plans, resumes templates used by professionals in your industry. All business templates are easy and quick to find, crafted by professionals, wisely structured, ready-made, and intuitive.