How to write a leave letter after taking leave for my son due to a fever? We provide a sample Leave request template that fits your needs!
Due to the difficult circumstances, we advise you to use this formal approval letter to inform the principal or teacher of the school your child is attending. Please note this letter is provided for guidance only.
Make use of our leave request approval letter template to help to make your own personalized version. The objective of writing this letter is to get permission for a leave due to the fact your son or daughter has a high fever and needs to rest.
How do I write a leave letter for school?
When requesting a formal leave of absence, your letter should include:
- dates you expect to be away from school;
- the date you plan to return to school;
- word of thanks for considering your request.
Reasons for a legitimate Leave for School?
- Calling in Sick, especially when having a contagious illness, such as the common cold or flu;
- Family issues, such as a sick family member;
- Severe weather and you live remote;
- Loss of a family member or loved one;
- Household emergencies with big impact (water leakage);
- Severe mental health issues;
- You have a student internship or job interview.
Whether the letter is formal, or not, we advise putting the reason in the first paragraph of the letter's body. In the paragraphs following, you can use examples to support your main reason. In the final paragraph, you need to summarize the purpose of your letter again and suggest a suitable course of action to follow. Do not indent the paragraphs. But instead, leave an empty line between each paragraph.
Download this Leave Approval Letter template to write a decent letter by yourself. This one is easy to edit and can fit your personal situation. If this letter does not fit your requirements, please also have a look at the topic: Leave Letter Templates
Hope your child is better soon!
I am submitting this letter to officially file for a leave of absence due to the fever of my child since [he/she] has a highly contagious disease, we like to keep [him/her] at home for a few days complete rest. [He/she] is down with high fever and has been advised complete rest by the doctor… [more] Therefore, kindly grant [him/her] a leave from [Date] to [Date]. Thanking You. Yours sincerely,