The specific purpose of an informative speech is its goal, stated in a complete sentence. If the general purpose of your speech is to inform, then your specific purpose will be a statement of the particular information you will present to the audience.
Example: General purpose in his speech about place-kicking is to inform. His specific purpose could be stated in a complete sentence. “I want to explain the steps in sports-style place-kicking.”
1. Express the specific purpose as a declarative sentence;
2. State the specific purpose precisely. “I want to explain the four steps in soccer-style place-kicking.”;
3. Make sure the specific purpose contains only one idea;
4. Include words in the specific purpose that show your intent. Examples: explain, show, give.
Example content of an Informative Speech Outline Example - Eating Healthily With A Busy Lifestyle Purpose: To inform the audience how to eat healthily on the run introduction:
- How many of you want to be healthy?
- How many of you find it a challenge to eat healthily because you are always running somewhere such as from work to school or from school to another activity?
- Most of us are.. watching Scientific American stimulates your mind while it entertains you)
- Conclusion: Today we have talked about PBS and how watching PBS can entertain you, relax you, educate you, inspire you, pique your curiosity, broaden your horizons and expand the minds of you and your children, for free, all from the commercial-less comfort of your own living room.
To organize the body of a speech, you will need to:
- determine the main points you want to stress;
- organize the main points in a consistent pattern the audience can follow;
- outline all the material you plan to use in the speech.
Because the body of a speech contains the most important ideas that will be presented, many experienced speakers prepare it first. Instead, we provide this standardized Informative Speech Outline
template with text and formatting as a starting point to help professionalize the way you are working. Our private, business, and legal document templates are regularly screened by professionals. If time or quality is of the essence, this ready-made template can help you to save time and to focus on the topics that really matter!