How to write a proper donation request letter asking for children's toys as donations for Christmas? Download this well-written example donation request letter now!
What is a solicitation letter?
A solicitation letter’s purpose is to receive donations, often for direct donations or invite people for a fundraising event. They are written for a variety of reasons, to raise funds for good causes and nonprofit projects. The best solicitation letters are written in a persuasive way, so they get their attention, presence, and donation. Solicitation letters like this are used for getting donations and fundraising for some events by organizations. This request letter is used for sending a request to some organizations to ask for toys for the charity work and welfare organization.
Solicitation letter writing is the best way to provide donors all possible details about your nonprofit organization, good cause, or projects to get them funded. It sounds like a fundraising letter written from nonprofit organizations to donors during Christmas. Such letters are used to raise funds for good causes and nonprofit projects. Model solicitation letters are obtainable on this website that have important contents of solicitation letters to draft such letters conveniently.
Besides the purpose of fundraising or donation, solicitation letters have some parts in common and our sample solicitation letters are written with all essential elements that a writer may need to compose a perfect solicitation letter to request toys from sponsors.
Sample donation letter:
- The festive season has started Christmas is less than 30 days away, and the [FOCUS GROUP] at “[ORGANIZATION/PROJECT]” are already excited for this special event for the orphans that we held this year.
- As you know, we arrange an event for [FOCUS GROUP] every year, and this year it will not be different.
- I would like to grab this opportunity to request you to support our event for those involved with: “[ORGANIZATION/PROJECT]” for the Christmas and New Year Celebrations.
- [ORGANIZATION/PROJECT] is as you know a non-profitable organization, which [MISSION STATEMENT INSTITUTION THAT IS SOLICITED FOR].
- We are an important local charity, sheltering and feeding the children, guiding them, and taking care of our nation’s orphans.
- However, we cannot maintain our charitable commitments without some goodwill from the community at large.
- So we are seeking donations like toys from our valued citizens like yourself. Christmas is a precious time, and we like to celebrate it with a little extra.
- The event where we hand out the received donations to the children is going to be held on [20th January, YEAR] at [LOCATION].
- Like every year, we are planning to celebrate Chinese New Year with all the members of our [ORGANIZATION/PROJECT].
- Therefore, I kindly request you to help us go about this Event. You can help us in the form of toys or other donations.
- We will sincerely appreciate your generous contribution. Donations can be sent to [DONATION DETAILS].
- With lots of love, we wish you a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year!
After downloading and filling in the blanks, you can easily customize e.g. style, typography, details, and appearance of your donation request. Download this sample donation letter for toy donations now and send it out today!