Which strong sayings or proverbs are useful when delivering a speech?
If you follow these rules, you certainly can engage and capture your audience's attention instantaneously. Certainly, take your time to compile, edit, and review your speech which will benefit the audience and the efficacy of your message.
Proverb speech examples
Keep the following in mind, since this is important when writing so you can deliver a professional and engaging speech:
Very useful Quotes that can be used in your speech;
- It's always greener on the other side." People tend to want whatever they don't have.
- "Time heals all wounds." If someone hurts your feelings, you will feel better over time.
- "Don't count your chickens before they hatch." Your plans might not work out, so don't start thinking about what you'll do after you succeed. Wait until you've already succeeded, and then you can think about what to do next.
- "Don't put all your eggs in one basket." Have a backup plan. Don't risk all of your money or time in one plan.
- "Time flies." Time goes by very fast.
- "A penny saved is a penny earned." It is best to save your money and every little bit counts.
- "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." Eating apples and other fruits and vegetables will help you stay healthy.
- "Don't judge a book by its cover." Sometimes things look different than they really are. You don't know someone/something just by looking at them/it.
- "Turn over a new leaf." Get a fresh start. It doesn't matter what happened in the past, you can start again.
- "Two wrongs don't make a right." When someone has done something bad to you, trying to get revenge will only make things worse.
- "When in Rome, do as the Romans." Act the way that the people around you are acting.
- "The squeaky wheel gets the grease." If you complain or speak up about something, you will get help before the person who waits patiently. No one's going to help you unless you speak up.
- "When the going gets tough, the tough get going." When a challenge comes or something is hard, you need to be strong and work harder.
- "Better late than never." It's still good to do it, even if it is late.
- "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." If you have an enemy, pretend to be friends with them instead of openly fighting with them. That way you can watch them carefully and figure out what they're planning.
- "It's the thought that counts." Don't worry if something went wrong, you meant well. You were being kind even if it didn't go as expected.
- "A picture is worth a thousand words." Pictures can show emotions and messages better than written or spoken explanations.
- "There's no place like home." Your own home is the most comfortable place to be.
- "The early bird catches the worm." You should wake up, start work early, or get there first, if you want to succeed.
- "Cleanliness is next to godliness." Be clean, being clean is a top quality.
- "Beggars can't be choosers." If you ask for help or a favor, you have to take whatever they give you.
- "Actions speak louder than words." Doing something means a lot more than just saying it. It is harder and more meaningful when you actually do it compared to saying it.
- "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Don't try to improve something that already works fairly well. You'll probably create new problems.
- "Practice makes perfect." You have to practice a skill to become good at it.
- "Easy come, easy go." When you get money or something quickly, like by winning, it's easy to lose it or spend it quickly as well.
- "Don't bite the hand that feeds you." If someone's paying you or helping you out, be careful not to make them angry or say bad things/complain about them.
- "All good things must come to an end." You can't keep having good luck or fun forever; eventually it has to stop.
- "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." When you try to change someone's behavior and it doesn't work, you might have to change instead. For example, if you're trying to get your friends to focus on studying but they want to party, maybe you should just party with them.
- "One man's trash is another man's treasure." Different people value different things.
- "There's no time like the present." Don't wait to do something later, do it now.
- "Good things come to those who wait." Be patient.
- "Two heads are better than one." When more people help/cooperate, they come up with better ideas and it turns out better.
- "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Don't be mean or do mean things to others unless you want them to be mean back. Golden Rule.
- "A chain is only as strong as its weakest link." If one member of a team doesn't perform well, the whole team will fail.
- "Honesty is the best policy." Never't lie.
- "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."
- "There's no place like home."
- "Actions speak louder than words."
- "All good things must come to an end."
- "There's no time like the present."
- "A chain is only as strong as its weakest link."
- "Time heals all wounds."
- "When in Rome, do as the Romans."
We invite you to check out our compilation of speech templates
, which are intuitive and available in several kinds of formats, such as PDF, WORD, etc. By using our speech template, you take a head start and avoid starting from scratch. Instead, it guarantees that you will save time and effort and enables you to put more attention to the details. And details are especially important when delivering a successful speech.
Check out these useful Proverb speech examples for your reference when composing a speech Download these Speaking Proverbs and impress your audience directly.