How to work with an A4 Storyboard for the production of Film and Video? Download our free professional and free A4 Storyboard template now! Suitable to make 3*3 storyboards.
A storyboard doesn't have to be an elaborate work of art. Here is how to make one:
- Download and modify a Storyboard template: Draw a series of rectangles on a piece of paper, as if you were creating a comic strip, and also leave room for notes or lines of the script under each rectangle.
- Add the script: under each rectangle, write the line of script or dialogue that corresponds to that scene.
- Sketch out an interesting story: indicate movement with an arrow of basic figures. A bad drawing is better than no drawing! Alternatively, you may use existing images and paste them into the story.
- Add Notes to the story: For each scene, you need to place some keynotes, a description of what’s happening, camera angles or movement, and any special effects. (including audio like music or sound effects).
Finally, don't be too cautious about your storyboards.
- Take some chances.
- Ok to draw quickly and sloppily in beginning, especially if you feel inspired and need to get your ideas down on paper.
- Go back and forth, work on your storyboards.
- Have fun with your storyboards, they're the perfect tool for letting your imagination work.
- Here are a few more storyboarding tips:
- Use rectangles that are the same aspect ratio as video, 16:9.
- Number each rectangle for easy reference in discussions.
- Bone up on the standard shot types used in the video before you start.
- Think in 3D. Make subjects/objects in the background smaller, so they appear further away.
- Cut up and recombine your storyboards to play with sequencing and narrative.
- Use the finished storyboard to create a master shot list. This way nothing will get overlooked during production.
- Keep the storyboard simple so it can be understood by anyone who views it,
- Be sure to share the finished product with everyone involved after its final cut!
If you use our storyboard template, it will have a big impact on your efficiency. Most of your successful colleagues are often using professional worked-out storyboards to achieve their goals effectively!
Try out our online Free and Premium Professional templates, forms, and contracts today.
Save this storyboard template, fill-In the blanks, print …and done!