How to draft a decent Remote Work Agreement between manager and employee? Download this Remote Work Agreement template that will perfectly suit your needs!
There can be several reasons to set up a remote working relationship between the employer and the employee. It can be a temporary arrangement, for example, caused by a coronavirus outbreak, or a more structural arrangement.
This simple Remote Work Agreement ensures both parties understand the conditions and expectations and brings structure in the communication on the following topics:
- Compensation and benefits;
- Computer Equipment and Software;
- Technical Support;
- Furniture, Office Supplies and Travel Expenses;
- Data Security;
- Proprietary Information;
- Safety and Liability;
- Workers’ compensation/liability;
- Tax Issues;
- Dependent care;
- Work setup;
- Work equipment;
- Insurance on residence employee.
As a remote work Employee:
- The employee will be performing all of my work from a Non-Company location. While employee may, from time to time, work at a regular Company facility, Employee will not have an assigned, dedicated workspace or telephone there.
- The scheduled days and hours Employee will work remotely are specified in the FWA Proposal Form in attachment. These may include certain “core hours” during which Employee will make him/herself accessible by telephone or e-mail. The total number of hours of employee work is not expected to change as a result of the Remote Work Agreement.
- This Remote Work Agreement will not be construed as a contract of employment and Company may legally modify or terminate this arrangement at any time for any reason.
- If employee transfer or being promoted to another position, this Remote Work Agreement will be subject to automatic review.
- The general policies and procedures of the organization will prevail in this new arrangement
- Employee will be responsible for providing information required for [Company]attendance and timekeeping processes. If employee is a non-exempt Employee, he/she will be required to email my hours to my manager on a weekly basis.
- Employee understands that with at least 24 hours advance notice, an authorized representative of Company may make annual on-site visits to my home office during regular business hours to monitor my compliance with Company s regulations including safety, security, and confidentiality regulations, or to inspect or retrieve data, Company equipment, or similar material.
- Work Setup location is Address: Description of workspace at off-site work location: Remote work phone number: Start Date: The remote work arrangement will commence Trial period: A trial period will commence on the start date shown above and my manager and I will review the arrangement in approximately days. Attachments Flexible Work Arrangements Request Form Copy of current homeowner or renter insurance policy covering employees' residence. The equipment and software are provided to me include Description of Item ID Number Other provisions: I have read and accept the terms of this agreement.
This easy-to-modify agreement is perfect if you want to start a work relation (partly) based on remote working.
Download this professional Remote Work Agreement template now and save yourself time, efforts and possibly reduce the lawyer-fees in order to become more successful.
Using our legal templates will help you to deal with the situation! However, this Legal template will help you dealing with this legal matter, we still recommend you to consider to find legal support in case you have doubts dealing with it the right way.