Did you know that employers spend approximately 15 seconds scanning a Curriculum Vitae to form their initial impression of you as a candidate? Be sure to make those seconds count and check out this CV and Cover letter tutorial and templates.
By going through this tutorial, you will be sure to leave a positive impression with future employers when applying for a job. Often they are looking for someone who wants to learn and who has transferable skills, like:
- Can-do, Will-do mentality;
- Leadership skills;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Ability to communicate;
- Hard work ethics;
- Problem-solving ability;
There are a few basic requirements for a strong cover CV and Application Cover Letter, for example the following:
- Structured and written to highlight your strengths;
- Brief, preferably one page in length;
- Clean, error-free, and easy to read;
- Immediately clear about your name and the position you are seeking.
Every detail of importance of your letter is taken into account. After downloading and filling in the blanks, you can customize every detail, typography, font size, and appearance of your cover letter and finish in minutes.
Download this CV and Application Cover Letter templates now and impress your future employer in minutes! Don't forget to add your resume to this letter.
• Bullets are written in complete sentences • Bullets are wordy, vague or do not indicate one’s impact • Irrelevant/outdated information listed (i.e.: high school) that would not be discussed in an interview • The most significant entries include at least one bullet point Organization of Sections • Bullets indicate one’s impact on the organization – could include more specificity • Multiple verb tenses are inconsistent with dates • The most significant entries include at least one bullet point • Results are quantified when possible Skills/Interests/ Language/ Certifications sections (optional) • 1-2 individual errors in verb tense include organization name, dates, position title (if needed), or location • Section headers accurately reflect content • Adequate content exists within a section to substantiate the heading • Section headers reflect content • Content of a section is not best placement of information (see comments) • No use of sections or one “Experience” section lists all entries • Too many sections—not enough content to warrant a section • Section titles do not reflect content To achieve certification, juniors and seniors’ résumés must also meet the following criteria: Targeting Goal: To ensure your strengths are strategically highlighted to your specific audience.. • Plant seasonal crops and learn inner workings of community-supported organic farm • by volunteering 3 hours/week Volunteer Relief Work, Colgate Alternative Break Trip, Cap-Haitien, Haiti • Collaborated on a team of 10 students to clean up post-flood debris to make neighborhoods • safer for residents Spring 2099 • Engaged in discussions about the impact of natural disasters on Haitian culture Youth Mentor, Sidekicks, Colgate University • Build and maintain an ongoing, three-year relationship with a local child to foster • self-esteem and positive attitudes towards education Fall 2099-Present • Foster campus-town relationship through community involvement and positive relationships Benefit Co