Job title: emphasize the formal title of the position as a header.
Job purpose: a brief description of the overall goals and general nature of the position. This can be an overview of why the job exists and what the role is expected to accomplish. The job purpose is usually a summary and not more than four sentences long.
- Graduation from a regionally accredited or registered college or university with a Bachelor s Degree and one year experience (pre- or post-degree) in systems analysis, computer programming or a related field involving organizational, informational and procedural analysis of which utilization of automated processes was involved or
- Graduation from a standard high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma and five years experience in computer programming, methods, procedures or a related field, three years of which must have been in a position for developing procedures and work flow for processes using automated systems or
- A satisfactory equivalent combination of the foregoing training and experience.
Reports to: specify the role/title of the position that the person that gets the job reports to.
Duties and responsibilities: list the primary job duties and responsibilities using headings and provide examples of core activities under each heading.
- Assists in conducting detailed analysis of operations with a view towards applying electronic data processing;
- Assists in the development of procedural manuals and trains users on requirements for automated systems;
- Assists in the preparation of process charts and analyses that reflect workflow, external verification and audit points, and output requirements;
- Reviews and/or revises existing systems to increase efficiency;
- Assists in the day-to-day office administration;
- Prepares and keeps departmental records and reports.
Qualifications: provide the minimum qualifications required to perform the job successfully, for these categories:
- Professional Certification;
- Specialized knowledge;
- Other qualities such as personal characteristics.
Working conditions: provide whether a person has to work in special circumstances, such as shift work, working outdoors, working with challenging clients, etc.
Physical requirements: describe whether the job is physically demanding, for example, lifting heavy objects on a regular basis, if standing for extended periods of time is needed or the job contains mostly repetitive tasks, or if traveling is demanding, lunch breaks are uncommon, and so forth.
Direct reports: specify by job title any positions to be supervised by the incumbent.
Approved by: specify who gives the authorization to approve the job description draft.
Date approved: the date upon which the job description was approved.
Reviewed: date the job description was last reviewed.
Contact details: include relevant contact details at the bottom of the job description.
Additional conditions: additionally, you might consider adding the following:
- Opportunities occur to work on a self-employed, consultancy basis - usually on short-term contract work;
- Describe any kind of training is provided during the onboarding procedure;
- Alternative common names for the job title;
- You may specify common daily equipment or tools used;
- Possibility to work from home.
Ideally, a job description should be reviewed annually and updated as often as necessary. Having a ready-made sample job description will save you and your Human Resources or Recruitment Department time, cost, and effort!
This job description template provides a sample that simplifies the process for the positions that you need to fill. It will save you and your Human Resources and your Recruitment department time, cost and efforts. Download this Junior System Analyst Job Description template now!
For that reason, download this sample job description now in order to find and recruit the right candidate for your vacancy or check out other job description samples
here. Also interested in other Job description templates? Browse through our database and get instant access to hundreds of free and premium Job descriptions or other HR documents, HR forms, and more to make you more effective and efficient.