What is a professional development plan template? Are you looking for a professional Personal Development Plan? If you've been feeling stuck or lack motivation, download this personal development plan template now!
Personal Development Plan:
This personal development plan classifies as a classic Human resources (HR) document used to train and stimulate personal skills, knowledge development. Building a business has many steps and requirements, and one crucial component of starting and getting a business to grow that often gets overlooked is HR. Having an HR manager or department within your company requires effort and knowledge, and, depending on the size and industry, might become quickly overwhelming.
Within an organization, the Human resources department manages its employees, from the beginning: by selecting and recruiting staff (sifting through resumes, job applications and conducting interviews), onboarding and training them, do performance reviews (KPO setting, annual review, etc), all employment-related paperwork, and finally also arranges the termination of the employees. They need to oversee the organization's fair employment practices, HR Handbook, workplace safety, benefits, payroll, and vacation time.
- Step 1 - The requirements of your current and/or future role
- Step 2 - Identify your strengths and development areas
- Step 3 - Build up a SMART action plan to bring about change and development
- Step 1 - The requirements of my role Start by thinking about your role and the elements of your job that require you to work in an international context.
- Learning and Development Need: Provide a specific description of the desired changes (e.g. skills gained, knowledge acquired, topics/themes/content covered)
- Type of development: E.g. Course, Workshop, Conference, Self-development (researcher, reading, etc.), Coaching, Mentoring, Job Shadowing, Project work, Committee Membership, etc.
- Timescales: E.g. End of April, To be completed in the next 6 months, Over next 1-2 years.
- Who is responsible? E.g. Staff member, UoE L&D program to support, Manager to arrange, Staff member to work with team and Manager, etc.
- Further comments: E.g. Resource requirements, Additional notes
If you've been feeling stuck, this Personal Development Plan template can help you find inspiration and motivation. This Personal Development Plan covers the most important topics that you are looking for and will help you to structure and communicate in a professional manner with those involved. The tables below will help you to go through three steps to arrive at such a plan:
We support you and your company by providing this Human Resources document template, which will help you to make a perfect one! This Personal Development Plan Template is created by HR professionals, and intelligently structured, and easy-to-navigate through to make sure that it fits your own needs. This will save you or your HR department time, cost, and effort and helps you to create a robust HR system.
Also interested in other HR templates? Browse through our database and get instant access to hundreds of free and premium HR documents, HR forms, HR agreements, and more.
Feel free to download this intuitive template that is available in several kinds of formats, or try any other of our basic or advanced templates, forms, or documents. Don't reinvent the wheel every time you start something new...
Download this Personal Development Plan template and save yourself time and effort! You will see completing your task has never been simpler!