How to write a Letter of Intent for Graduate School and to grab your future University's attention when you are applying for a Graduate School program?
There are a few basic requirements for a strong application letter for a study program. Every cover letter should contain the following:
- Structured and written to highlight your strengths;
- Brief, preferably one page in length;
- Clean, error-free, and easy to read;
- Immediately clear about your name and the position you are seeking.
Paper applications and supporting material sent via the post to graduate schools require cover letters. Cover letters should be approximately 1-2 paragraphs and contain:
1) What is enclosed in the envelope and why. Do not make the reader guess why you are sending the following materials. State what program you are applying for and for what year/semester.
2) Tell specifically how you heard about their program. Write if their website impressed you if it was a family member, friend, advisor, faculty, recruiter, or mentor. It is appropriate to mention the name of that person in the cover letter, especially if it is a recruiter or someone who works in that program.
3) Convince them to really take a look at your application. Make sure the cover letter is well written and targeted for that program. The department website is a great way to incorporate the main points and goals of that program,
4) Take the opportunity to really show them your attitude. Success in the application process is 80 % attitude. The cover letter should state how excited you are about the prospect of becoming a student in the graduate program.
5) Provide or refer to any information that you would like to highlight about your application or anything you feel you were not able to mention in your application. Work and on-hand experience are great points to focus on.
You just have to be a little more creative and follow the local business conventions. Also bright up your past jobs and duties performed if necessary.
Our cover letter templates have ways to grab your employers’ attention. Every detail of the importance of your letter is taken into account. After downloading and filling in the blanks, you can customize every detail, typography, font size, and appearance of your cover letter and finish in minutes.
Graduate School Application Cover Letters: Paper applications and supporting material sent via the post to graduate schools require cover letters. Application for Master’s Degree in Counseling, It is with much pleasure that I submit my application for a Master’s Degree Department at University.
Download this Letter of intent sample grad school for University Study Program now and impress your future University in minutes!