How to make a professional Synergy Valuation? Check out this Excel Worksheet that allows you to make a Synergy Valuation of a company.
SYNERGY VALUATION WORKSHEET
Input: information on the bidding firm, current financial information, revenues in the current year. This ready-made calculation worksheet is well suited for any
kind of personalized business matter.
(1) It is not simple to back out the growth rates for the combined firm when there is no synergy because growth rates will change.
(2) It is far simpler to remember that in the absence of synergy the cashflows, terminal value and present value of the combined firm
will always be equal to the sum of the same for the individual firms.
(3) To back out the terminal growth rate of the combined firm in the absence of synergy, use the combined terminal value estimated
in conjunction with the required rate of return to solve for the terminal growth rate.
STEPS IN VALUING SYNERGY
1. Value each firm separately, projecting out free cash flows and terminal value.
2. Value the combined firm assuming no synergy. (Add up the present values for the two firms estimated in step 1)
3. Prepare a cash flow statement for the combined firm by just adding up the items on the individual firms' statements.
4. Evaluate where the gains from synergy are going to come from. (Higher revenue growth or lower costs)
5. Translate the synergy gain into dollars on the combined statement. If revenues are going to grow faster because of the synergy
apply a faster growth rate to revenue in the combined statement. If costs are going to be cut, show the reductions in costs on the statement.
6. Calculate the value of the combined firm with the changes made in step 5.
7. Compare to the value in step 2. The difference is the synergy gain. This is the MOST that one should as a takeover premium.
We support you by providing this
template, which will save you time, cost and efforts and help you to
reach the next level of success in your career and business!
Download this Firm Synergy Valuation Worksheet Xlsx template
now and enhance your business!
Do you need
more information? AllBusinessTemplates.com provides many kinds of legal and
business templates in the range from IT, Environmental, Startups, Marketing,
Sales, Procurement, Law, Notary, Finance, HR, Auction, Logistics,
Transportation, Maintenance Services, etc. Just search on our website and have
instant access to thousands of free and premium business document templates,
forms, letters, reports, plans, resumes used by professionals in your industry.
All business templates are easy to find, crafted by professionals, ready to
use, easy to customize and intuitive.