Job title: emphasize the formal title of the position as a header.
Job purpose: a brief description of the overall goals and general nature of the position. This can be an overview of why the job exists and what the role is expected to accomplish. The job purpose is usually a summary and not more than four sentences long.
Primary Job Function: Maintain the Service Technicians daily schedules and dispatch the technicians as service calls are completed..
- Ability to multi-task
- Geographical knowledge of service area or map reading skills
- Knowledge of industry is recommended but not required
- Computer skills High school diploma or general education degree (GED) Two years related experience and/or training in customer service, dispatching or project management or equivalent combination of education and experience Daily Duties:
- Update customer files as information is
- Take incoming customer calls.
Reports to: specify the role/title of the position that the person that gets the job reports to.
Duties and responsibilities: list the primary job duties and responsibilities using headings and provide examples of core activities under each heading. Responsibilities:
• Advanced customer service skills.
• Ability to multi-task
• Geographical knowledge of service area or map reading skills
• Knowledge of industry is recommended but not required
• Computer skills
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Two years related experience and/or training in customer service, dispatching or project management or equivalent combination of education and experience
Work Hours: 7:30am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday, some overtime
Qualifications: provide the minimum qualifications required to perform the job successfully, for these categories:
- Professional Certification;
- Specialized knowledge;
- Other qualities such as personal characteristics.
- Take incoming customer calls.
- Schedule and coordinate all service calls as calls are received.
- Create dispatch ticket for all service calls.
- Dispatch Service Technicians, one call at a time.
- Dispatch Service Technicians from home to first call.
- Debrief Service Technicians after completion of each call.
- Respond to all messages left overnight.
- Maintain the dispatch board / schedule.
- Forecast workload for 2 – 3 days out
- Contact customers with a “Parts Pending” status as parts are received for scheduling.
- Follow up on all pending and recommended work with customer utilizing the pending work log.
- Maintain the maintenance agreements, including billing, scheduling, and staging of materials, database information, customer hard files and renewals.
- Help Service Manager with marketing issues as directed.
- Order parts for special orders.
- Forward list of parts used by technicians to warehouse for truck restock.
- Update customer files as information is received from installation. (Extended warranties, equipment info, new customers, Birthday tickler file, etc.).
- Type service contract proposals for new customers.
- Maintain on call schedule, to include 1st on call and standby technician.
- Maintain customer history files in database.
- File service orders.
- Prepare paperwork for all manufacture warranty parts.
- Facilitate return of warranty parts.
- Update service database from service ticket.
- Maintain service invoice log.
- Compare service timecards and work orders to service schedule.
- Compare time cards to GPS Report
- Check service time cards for accuracy
- Pull checks and charge slips and compare to invoices.
- Forward checks and payments to accounting.
- Happy calls / customer surveys.
- Calculate reporting information and enter into 8 For 10 database.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working conditions: provide whether a person has to work in special circumstances, such as shift work, working outdoors, working with challenging clients, etc.
Physical requirements: describe whether the job is physically demanding, for example, lifting heavy objects on a regular basis, if standing for extended periods of time is needed or the job contains mostly repetitive tasks, or if traveling is demanding, lunch breaks are uncommon, and so forth.
Direct reports: specify by job title any positions to be supervised by the incumbent.
Approved by: specify who gives the authorization to approve the job description draft.
Date approved: the date upon which the job description was approved.
Reviewed: date the job description was last reviewed.
Contact details: include relevant contact details at the bottom of the job description.
Additional conditions: additionally, you might consider adding the following:
- Opportunities occur to work on a self-employed, consultancy basis - usually on short-term contract work;
- Describe any kind of training is provided during the onboarding procedure;
- Alternative common names for the job title;
- You may specify common daily equipment or tools used;
- Possibility to work from home.
We support you and your company by providing this Service Dispatcher Job Description template in order to simplify the process of developing a job description. It will save you and your Human Resources and your Recruitment department time, cost and efforts.
This Service Dispatcher Job Description has ways to grab its reader’s attention. They are crafted by HR professionals, are intelligently structured and easy-to-navigate. Pay close attention to the most downloaded HR templates that fit your needs.
Download this Service Dispatcher Job Description template now and help you to reach the next level of success in your work and business!
Also interested in other Job description templates? Browse through our database and have instant access to hundreds of free and premium Job descriptions or other HR documents, HR forms, etc to make you more effective and efficient.
For that reason, download this sample job description now in order to find and recruit the right candidate for your vacancy or check out other job description samples
Ideally, a job description should be reviewed annually and updated as often as necessary. Having a ready-made sample job description will save you and your Human Resources or Recruitment Department time, cost, and effort!
Also interested in other Job description templates? Browse through our database and get instant access to hundreds of free and premium Job descriptions or other HR documents, HR forms, and more to make you more effective and efficient.