What is a standard Employment Agreement or Job contract?
An employment agreement or contract of employment is a specific and common type of contract used in labor law that explains rights and responsibilities between the employer and employee. Its origin lies in the old master-servant law, used before the 20th century. Legal communication is essential to individuals and companies to ensure truthful, accurate information exchange and enable morally-correct decision making.
This is important to give consideration to how to communicate and how to remain lawful in your day-to-day business activities. Therefore, communication in situations that involve legal complications, request extra attention. Using our easy-to-modify Basic Employment Contract helps to make a perfect document for any kind of personalized legal matter. This Employment Agreement template covers the most important subjects and will help you to structure and communicate in a professional and legal way between Employer (management/HR/Recruitment, etc) and Employee:
3. Hours of Work
5. Annual Leave
6. Public Holidays
7. Sick Leave
11. Health and Safety
12. Policies and Rules
13. Other Work
18. Employment Protection Provision
19. Employment Relationship Problems/Grievances and Disputes
21. Procedure for Resolving Employment Relationship Problems
22. Job Description
Sample Employer Agreement content: Employer to insert actual details of commission arrangement. The employee may earn commission on the invoiced value of sales exclusive of and freight made by the employee as follows:
- The employee is not authorized to incur debt in the name of the employer, nor expend personal monies with an intention of seeking recovery from the employer unless such expenditure or debt is approved by the employer i.e..
- The employee shall endeavor to take annual holidays within a period of 12 months of the date on which the employee became entitled to it however if agreement on the taking of annual holidays cannot be reached, the employer may require the employee, with the provision of not less than 14 day s notice, to take annual holidays.. Christmas Day Boxing Day New Years Day The second day of January Waitangi Day Good Friday Easter Monday Day Labour Day The birthday of the reigning Sovereign The day of the anniversary of the province
- The employer and the employee may agree that any of the days specified in the clause may be observed on another day.
- Where Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Day or the second day of January falls on a Saturday that would otherwise be a working day for the employee, the public holiday shall be treated as falling on that day Saturday that would not otherwise be a working day for the employee, the public holiday shall be treated as falling on the following Monday Sunday that would otherwise be a working day for the employee, the public holiday shall be treated as falling on that day Sunday that would not otherwise be a working day for the employee, the public holiday shall be treated as falling on the following Tuesday.
- Upon termination of the employment, the employee is required to immediately deliver to the company all keys, credit cards, samples, records, documents, letters, papers, and other material of every description (including all copies of or extracts from the same) within the employees.
Using our legal templates will help you to deal with the situation! However, this Legal template will help you dealing with this legal matter, we still recommend you to consider finding legal support in case you have doubts about dealing with it the right way.
Download this sample Job Contract or Employment Contract template that will perfectly suit your needs!
Also interested in other Legal templates? AllBusinessTemplates is the #1 source for Legal templates! Just search on our website and have instant access to thousands of free and premium legal agreements, contracts, documents, forms, letters, etc used on a daily basis by professionals in your industry.