How to write an academic Application Letter? How to grab your future employers' attention from University when you are applying for a study and scholarship?
To receive a scholarship, you just have to be a little more creative and follow the local business conventions. Also bright up your past jobs and duties performed if necessary. When writing a motivation letter to a new university, make sure to explain the reason(s) why you are the perfect candidate for a university's program/scholarship to which you are applying. In order to get noticed for a degree at a popular university, it's important to emphasize knowledge, expertise, and vision, and discuss important academic skills, such as research ability, critical thinking, problem-solving ability, leadership skills, ability to communicate, hard work ethic and creativity.
There are a few basic requirements for a strong cover letter, such as the following:
- Structured and written to highlight your strengths;
- Brief, preferably one page in length;
- Clean, error-free, and easy to read;
- Immediately clear about your name and the position you are seeking;
- Expands upon your resume; do not repeat it verbatim;
- Includes the person’s full name if you do not know the gender;
- Limited to 3-4 paragraphs and 1 page;
- Using common business letter format;
- No copying of exact words/phrases from sample letters without checking the context;
- Uses the correct name of the organization;
- Be enthusiastic and authentic! Show off your character and personality.
Academic Application Cover Letter and Scholarship Request Motivation Letter sample:
- Dear Name of Contact/ To whom it may concern,
- I request you to provide a scholarship (specify the reason) to aid my publication entitled “Title of the manuscript”. I have associated as mention your relationship with MedCrave (Editor/Reviewer/Author etc.) for (Specify the journal name).
- Describe the impact of your research on scientific development.
- Describe the importance of this grant in propagating your scientific research.
- The way study will benefit by offering a grant to you.
- Mention the reason to offer you this scholarship.
- Kindly contact me at the following address for any correspondence.
- My name names and I am a citizen of currently enrolled (working) at a university (institute) in the city. I am sending you my completed application form for the undergraduate (graduate) degree program in the field.
- I have (will have) taken the TOEFL on the date of the test and SAT (GRE, GMAT) on the date of the test. Official score reports for these tests will be sent to your university.
- As you know, the currency in Ukraine is nonconvertible. Therefore, I am not in a position to pay for the required application fee.
- I would ask that your department and the office of undergraduate (graduate) admissions give full consideration to my application without this fee.
- I have noted on the application form that I am applying for full financial support from the university to cover tuition and living expenses.
- Due to my financial situation, I am totally reliant on the generosity of the university to support my studies.
- I would ask you to consider me for any scholarships, (teaching assistantships, or research assistantships) or other awards for which I am eligible.
- I would like to inform you that channels of communication between the USA and the country are very poor and highly unreliable.
- Therefore, I have enclosed all application materials in one envelope. I would ask that you please allow for extra time in transferring letters, documents, etc.
- At all times, I will try to stay in touch with your by phone, fax, or e-mail to monitor the progress of my application.
- I have enclosed another copy of this letter, which I would ask you to pass along to the office of undergraduate (graduate) admissions so that they are alerted to the special circumstances surrounding my application.
- Thank you very much for your attention to all these matters and for your consideration of my application.
- I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Our Academic Application Cover Letter and Scholarship Request template have ways to grab your employers’ attention. Every detail of the importance of your letter is taken into account. After downloading and filling in the blanks, you can customize every detail, typography, font size, and appearance of your cover letter and finish in minutes.
Download this Academic Application Cover Letter and Scholarship Request Letter now! Don't forget to add your resume to this letter.