How to create a work breakdown structure in Excel? Download this activity network work breakdown structure (WBS) XLSX template now!
A WBS chart is the working name or acronym that will be used for the Project Manager the person with responsibility for the successful creating of the activity network diagram and the delivery of the project to time cost and quality. Accurately keeping track of your project(s) is not only critical for running the day-to-day operations of your small or medium-sized business, but it is also important when seeking funds from investors or lenders to grow your business to the next level.
In order to make a Work Breakdown Structure in Excel, please provide basic (project) information including:
- Project Title - the name used to identify this project;
- Project Working Title - working name or acronym that will be used for the project;
- Project Manager - the person with responsibility for the successful delivery of the project to time cost and quality.
- Project Sponsor - the person ultimately accountable for the success of the project. Prepared by – The person(s) preparing this document;
- Date/Control Number – Date the plan is finalized and the change or configuration item control number assigned.
This Activities Network Diagram WBS template is intuitive and available in several kinds of formats (such as PDF, XLS, WORD, This Excel file includes the necessary fields as well, such as:
- Activity name
- Activity description
- Predecessor activities
- Predecessor lead or lag
- Successor activities
- Relationship to successors
- Successor lead or lag
- Type of resources required
- Resource skill requirements
- Number of resources required
- Activity assumptions/ constraints
- Element Unique reference ID
- WBS Elements: Activity, Task, or Sub-Task Name. Insert name or title of the Task, Sub-task, Activity, or Deliverable.
- Definition of Activity or Task (Description): Brief description of this Activity, Task, or Sub-Task.
- Responsible Person or Group: Insert person or group name (responsible person).
- Estimated (E) or Actual (A) Cost (Cross-reference to budget). Estimate or actual cost of the activity or task or add a cross-reference to the budget.
- Project Phase (Cross-reference to roadmap or schedule).
- Provide the name or number of the Project phase that this activity falls into.
Therefore, we recommend you download this Activity Network Work breakdown structure template now. Using this Project Management WBS Xlsx template guarantees that you will save time, cost, and effort and enables you to reach the next level of success in your project, education, work, and business.
Alternatively, we also provide the following: