How to create an effective Construction Management To Do List?
A construction project to-do-list is an overview of activities and tasks that you plan to do by yourself or with your construction team. Make sure you allocate sufficient time to the tasks, and do not take more time than you have available to complete them. If you plan too many activities, you will find yourself overwhelmed and unsatisfied after the work is (partly) done. This is where a lot of project managers or staff can go wrong. They use daily to-do lists as a reminder of the things they need to work on, but their use of lists ends there. How much better is it, when you finish the list early, you look back on a great day, and decide to do something extra to achieve. This Construction Management To Do List covers the most important topics that you are looking for and will help you to structure and communicate in a professional among all the parties involved.
Sooner or later, you may feel that you and your team might feel overwhelmed with the works adding up. You are in search of a better balance. The first thing you could easily do is by creating ways to be better organized while staying productive. Although you need to be on top of things, you best do that step by step. The list goes on. Consider these super effective tips and hacks to get the most out of your to-do list and avoid being counter-productive with it:
- Never have more than 5 to 7 activities;
- Break it into two lists: To-do’s, and Dailies;
- Use checklists to keep up with details;
- Do the difficult tasks first and accomplish the most important work on time and overcome the most meaningful obstacles at any given time;
- Prioritizing your important tasks like this lets you always be effective;
- Focus on only one thing at a time;
- Maintain a checked to-do list
- Keep your list accessible
- Make sure you finish most, ideally all, of your items on the list each day.
- Use gamification to stay motivated, find pleasant to-do list items to get you motivated for more;
- Set reminders or deadlines;
- Set your heart out and the right mindset to be better.
Many to-do lists allow you to sort or arrange your tasks to keep it organized your way. Some people tend to finish the easy things first, and delay the inevitably time-consuming, bigger tasks, and end up overwhelmed and demotivated when they have to face it. What we recommend is: You should definitely leverage on this by arranging tasks in order of priority — which tasks are more urgent to be completed, or to get started on right now?
Framing Construction Projects and Programs Considerations
There are several considerations that an owner must evaluate in selecting a method of accomplishing a project:
- Time needs - Does it have to be done quickly Will the schedule be affected by outside influences Will the schedule be lengthened by cash flow constraints Must the schedule be compressed to achieve revenue objectives
- Need for flexibility - How much change will be required during the planning, design, and/or construction How much of the project or program will the owner and Designer fully define prior to its being constructed If other than the owner, how much influence will the user have over the design and construction
- Preconstruction service needs - How much assistance will the owner need to define and plan with respect to quality and safety, and with respect to cost versus scope versus time
- Design process interaction - How well does the owner understand the design process and the cost and schedule impacts of decisions that are made in the course of design development How complex is the design process
- Financial constraints - How is the project or program financed How does the financing influence the schedule, type of contract, risk and other requirements The Participants While a myriad of organizational variations have evolved over time to meet specific needs, all share the same basic set of players:
- The owner - The private or public organization ultimately responsible for the proper execution of the project or program.. Expertise applicable to virtually any project or program includes:
- Stakeholder coordination Project scope development Risk management Sustainability Land acquisition Permitting
- Financing Cash flow management Design acquisition and management Constructability review Budgeting Cost estimating Contracting and project delivery methods Value engineering Cost and schedule control Contract administration Document control
We provide this Construction Management To-Do-List template with text and formatting as a starting point to help professionalize the way you are working. If time or quality is of the essence, this ready-made template can help you to save time and to focus on the topics that really matter in your project!
Using this construction management template guarantees you will save time, cost and effort! It comes in Microsoft Office format, is ready to be tailored to your personal and company needs. Completing your construction project just became a little easier...