How to make an effective To Do List for SME's? What should be on a daily to-do list? Are you looking for a Small Business To Do List?
A project to-do-list is an overview of activities and tasks that you plan to do by yourself or with your project team. Make sure you allocate sufficient time to the tasks, and do not take more time than you have available to complete them. If you plan too many activities, you will find yourself overwhelmed and unsatisfied after the work is (partly) done.
This is where a lot of professionals go wrong. They use daily to-do lists as a reminder of the things they need to work on, but their use of lists ends there. How much better is it, when you finish the list early, you look back on a great day, and decide to do something extra to achieve. This Small Business To Do List covers the most important topics that you are looking for and will help you to structure and communicate in a professional manner with those involved.
Sooner or later, you may feel that you are being overwhelmed with your daily private and working life. You are in search of a better balance. The first thing you could easily do is by creating ways to be better organized while staying productive. Although you need to be on top of things, you best do that step by step. The list goes on. Consider these super effective tips and hacks to get the most out of your to-do list and avoid being counter-productive with it:
- Never have more than 5 to 7 activities;
- Break it into two lists: To-do’s, and Dailies;
- Use checklists to keep up with details;
- Do the difficult tasks first and accomplish the most important work on time and overcome the most meaningful obstacles at any given time;
- Prioritizing your important tasks like this lets you always be effective;
- Focus on only one thing at a time;
- Maintain a checked to-do list
- Keep your list accessible
- Make sure you finish most, ideally all, of your items on the list each day.
- Use gamification to stay motivated, find pleasant to-do list items to get you motivated for more;
- Set reminders or deadlines;
- Set your heart out and the right mindset to be better.
Explain the time management practices which are commonly employed by a small business, including:
Time Management for a Small Business
- Pareto analysis
- ABC method
- Eisenhower method
- POSEC method Money Smart for a Small Business Curriculum
Participant Guide What Do You Know Time Management for a Small Business by instructor
This form will allow you and your instructors to see what you know about time management, both before and after the training.. Here are some questions to help you determine if you might benefit with better time management:
- In what ways have you wasted or not optimally managed your time
- How many times have you looked up and wondered where all the time went
- How many times has your day ended where you didn’t complete a key task and/or desires
- How many times have you missed dinner or other activities with family and friends to work late to finish something that was not done
- Benefits of Time Management
- The purpose of this discussion is to help you realize ways to save time..
- Daily Tasks
- Check and reply to email
- Return phone calls
- Read and reply to mail Weekly Tasks
- Manage and maintain an inventory
- Deposit funds
- File all documents Monthly Tasks
- Pay bills
- Attend a networking function Key Element
- Built in Flexibility Each day has only 24 hours..
- Management for a Small Business Participant Guide Read about the following four processes for prioritizing tasks
Many to-do lists allow you to sort or arrange your tasks to keep it organized your way. Some people tend to finish the easy things first, and delay the inevitably time-consuming, bigger tasks, and end up overwhelmed and demotivated when they have to face it. What we recommend is: You should definitely leverage on this by arranging tasks in order of priority — which tasks are more urgent to be completed, or to get started on right now?
While a to-do list may be most effective at helping you stay organized, done lists excel at keeping you motivated. By being able to view how much you have already accomplished, there’s a psychological effect that keeps you going for more. When you read this list, you might think: "Many modern project and team management methodologies (eg: agile sprints, scrums, lean, prince2, etc)" encourage members to break down their tasks into detail as much as possible to be more efficient — essentially exercising the same philosophies applied here.
Feel free to download this intuitive to-do-list template that is available in several kinds of formats, or try any other of our basic or advanced templates, forms or documents. Don't reinvent the wheel every time you start something new...
Download this Small Business To Do List template and save yourself time and efforts! You will see completing your task has never been simpler!