How do you write a formal cancel order letter? We provide a professional sample order cancelation letter that fits your needs!
In business, there are many rules to follow when you cancel an already confirmed order. When writing a formal cancelation request, these are some of the essential rules to follow:
Writing Tips to consider when you have to cancel an order:
- mention the date, name of the supplier, and buyer, and contact information;
- get straight to the point in your cancelation request;
- state when and where you have bought the product or the service;
- explain the reason for cancellation, what made you change your mind, for example, due to dissatisfied with service, delay of delivery, quality issues in the news, or specific circumstances that could have rendered the purchase unnecessary hence necessitating the cancellation;
- be polite and neutral. Consider the law, and check if, for example, an 8 day, or 30 day notice period is necessary or effective;
- inform the supplier that they no longer have any permission with any activity related to your account (e.g. withdrawal of payments, any other services.);
- a written confirmation mail should be received regarding the status of the cancellation order;
- mention clearly the legal steps (judicial action) that would be taken if there is misuse after the notice period of a cancellation order is over;
- cancellation letter should be printed on decent quality of paper, or send by email.
- add a handwritten signature in the email or the letter. If you send an email, you can add a PDF of the letter with your signature, if you don't know how to add your signature in the email.
To cancel an order means you want to terminate a processed or confirmed order. Cancellation can be related to a lot of different things and is often used when people regret buying a product or a service. When canceling an order from a company, the customer needs to provide written confirmation of the change, to avoid any legal issues with the other party.
In the first paragraph of the letter's body, you state that the order must be cancelled. In the paragraphs following, you can use examples to support your main argument. In the final paragraph, you need to summarize the purpose of your letter and suggest a suitable course of action to follow. Do not indent the paragraphs. But instead, leave an empty line between each paragraph. Close the letter without indentation, leaving three or four lines for your signature between the closing and your typed name and title.
As you know, communicating in a professional manner will get you respect and will bring you new opportunities in life and business. Therefore, we support you by providing this Cancel order letter template and you will see you will save time and increase your effectiveness. Please note this template is provided for guidance only. Letters and other correspondence should be edited and modified to fit your personal situation.
If you feel overwhelmed by all this information, just download this formal letter template now, good luck!