This Project Coordinator Job Description has ways to grab its audience’s attention. It is crafted by HR professionals, intelligently structured and easy to navigate, and provides the major categories that you should include. When your growing company is seeking to hire a project coordinator who will be in charge of assisting our project managers in organizing our ongoing projects. This task involves monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner. To be successful as a project coordinator, you will need to be able to work on tight deadlines, be competent in using Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel, and have exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills. A bachelor's degree in a related field of study and at least three (3) years of relevant experience is required for consideration. For example:
Job title: the formal title of the position;
Reports to: the title of the position that the job incumbent reports to
Job purpose: a brief description of the general nature of the position; an overview of why the job exists; and what the role is expected to accomplish. The job purpose is usually not more than four sentences long.
Duties and responsibilities: list the primary job duties and responsibilities using headings and then give examples of the types of activities under each heading.
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures.
- Organizing, attending, and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Determining project changes.
- Providing administrative support as needed.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Developing project strategies.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
Qualifications: state the minimum qualifications required to perform the job successfully, and include:
- Professional Certification
- Specialized knowledge
- Other qualities such as personal characteristics
Working conditions: state whether a person has to work in special circumstances, such as shift work, working outdoors, working with challenging clients, etc.
Physical requirements: state whether the job is physically demanding like one is required to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects on a regular basis, do repetitive tasks with few breaks, and so forth.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field of study.
- Three years of experience in a related field.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
Direct reports: list by job title any positions to be supervised by the incumbent.
Approved by: signature of the person with the authority to approve the job description
Date approved: the date upon which the job description was approved
Reviewed: date the job description was last reviewed
Ideally, a job description should be reviewed annually and updated as often as necessary. Having a ready-made sample job description will save you and your Human Resources or Recruitment Department time, cost, and effort!
For that reason, download this sample Project Coordinator Job Description now to reach the next level of success in your recruiting process to find the right candidate!
Also interested in other Job description templates? Browse through our database and get instant access to hundreds of free and premium Job descriptions or other HR documents, HR forms, and more to make you more effective and efficient.
This Project Coordinator Job Description template provides a sample that simplifies the process for the positions that you need to fill in.