How to write a Free Bar Restaurant Manager Job Description template? Download this Free Bar Restaurant Manager Job Description template now!
A lot of activities going on in eateries apart from just talking to clients or responding to their orders. When you are a cafe manager you have certain duties responsibilities and are overall in charge, you not only deal with employees but also with the suppliers, your directors, and sometimes even the press and government. In short, the responsibility for everything that happens inside or around the premises lies on you. The manager must ensure that food is safe for consumption and that the environment is clean and safe for everyone within. He or she will also need to monitor stock as well as approve and account for all expenditures incurred.
Sample content: Bar/Restaurant Manager:
Responsible to General Managers
Responsible for Head Chef, Bar, and Kitchen Staff.
Primary objectives To have sole responsibility for the efficient running of the Bar and the
café. This must be done in accordance with operational practice under the current law. The Bar should be run effectively, efficiently, and profitably for the company.
Reaching these objectives will involve the following Key tasks:
Tasks & Expected Outcomes:
- The sole responsibility for the Bar and the running of the café when on duty & on-call after hours. – Equipment failures & emergencies are dealt with as soon as possible.
- Operations adhere to the Law and our Host responsibility Policy. – Good Customer service and security.
- To comprehend and correctly operate the till software. – Accountable for accurate cash handling and all guest accounts.
- To act as after-hours reception for the Hotel. – Efficient guest check-in
- Opening and Locking up. - Procedure is adhered to.
- Efficient ordering of stock. – Stock control & Stocktake.
- Organizing of promotions – Marketing the business.
- Pokie machine maintenance. – Machine availability & reconciliation.
- Staff Training. – Increased productivity & customer satisfaction.
- Building & Grounds Maintenance. – Upkeep of the property when required.
- Courtesy Coach Driver - Must have Full driving license for operating a manual vehicle.
- Person Specification
The Bar & Restaurant Manager must have good social skills and will need to be a good
communicator as this position requires a lot of interaction with customers and other staff
members. It is essential to have an active interest in learning the local knowledge, product
knowledge and the culture of the business.
The Bar & Restaurant Manager must be able to work unsupervised and be capable of decision
making and problem solving when in sole charge of the Bar and in after-hours hotel issues.
- May be involved in the hiring process for staff.
- Hospitality allowance of more than $50 per week must be approved by the general managers.
It comes in PDF format, is ready to be tailored to your personal needs. Our Templates have helped many people to reach the next level of their success. Get a free job description!
Download our Restaurant Coffee Shop Manager Job Description Free Word template now! And after downloading you can craft and customize every detail of its appearance very quickly.