How to write an academic research paper? Download this Research Paper And Report template that will perfectly suit your needs!
In a research paper outline, topics are listed in the intended order, usually divided into paragraphs, and the intended order is indicated. To stay organized, research papers typically include subtopics and evidence sources and a supporting outline. The purpose of a research paper outline is to help you think through your topic and organize it logically before the writing process begins. Now that I've shown how to write an introduction, it's time to provide some pointers on the body and conclusion of your work.
Scientists regularly need advanced templates, forms, spreadsheets, and often more than any other industry. For example, this Research Paper And Report Outline4 template which can save you valuable time and can help you to reach the next level of success in your studies, research work or business!
A classic research report, in any field, contains four basic sections (though the names and the numbers of actual sections or chapters may vary): • Introduction (background literature review) • Methods • Results • Discussion (interpretations, conclusions, recommendations) Plus of course references, acknowledgments and maybe appendices (in a report, but not in a paper) Below is an outline for a typical Hons, MPhil, PhD or Post-doc research paper, report or thesis:
- Title Page: The title summarizes the main idea of the paper simply and, if possible, with style
- A concise statement of the main topic of the research
- Identify the actual variables or theoretical issues under investigation and the relations between them
- Fully explanatory when standing alone o A good title easily compresses to the running head used for published papers
- Titles are commonly indexed and compiled by abstracting and indexing services into reference works therefore avoid words that serve no useful purpose, eg, the words ‘method’ and ‘results’ do not normally appear in a title, nor should such redundancies as ‘a study of’ or ‘research on’ o Avoid abbreviations and acronyms
- Recommended length no more than 10 to 12 words
- By-line: Author(s) name and institutional affiliation, eg, Environment, Behavior Society Research Group, The University of Sydney
- Date submitted
- Running head: Abbreviated title recommended to the publisher as a running head limited to 50 characters including spaces, shorter is better Table of Contents
- For theses and other reports only, not for papers
- Recommended to use Word’s automatic Table of Contents generator Abstract The abstract is a brief summary (one paragraph of 100-120 words) covering:
- Purpose of the research Overview of what is known from the research literature
- Main research question and/or hypothesis
- Overview of research methodology
- Summary of principle findings
- Ending with the significance of the research (very important
Try it now and let this scientific template inspire you. We certainly encourage to use this Research Paper And Report Outline4 for your own science activities and are confident it will fit your needs. To facilitate your work, you can use this format and add details of the structure of your own research work. Note that this format may need to be modified depending on the type of research and the desired writing style.
Download this ready-to-use and easy customizable Research Paper And Report Outline4 template now!
Deja una respuesta. Si tiene preguntas o comentarios, puede colocarlos a continuación.