How to write a Job Resignation letter? Do you need to write a thoughtful Job Resignation Letter? Download this Job Resignation Letter now!
So goes a popular saying in Dutch used to announce one’s departure without having to go into details. There is a time of arriving and a time of leaving.
Whatever the circumstances of your departure, this Job Resignation Letter can help you draft a polite and appropriate resignation letter. In general, a resignation letter should be a short letter, formally exhorting your boss that you are leaving your job and the company. Such an abdication letter can help you keep up a positive association with your company and boss by leaving with a solid and positive last impression, while likewise preparing for you to proceed onward.
Suggestions for a resignation letter and when you resign:
- Inform clients, partners and other stakeholders: Make sure to communicate to everyone important that you’re leaving, and inform them who will be replacing you.
- Depart in a professional manner, this will be the impression that will last.
- Encourage them to reach out while you’re still at the company if they have any questions or concerns.
- Keep working hard until the end.
- Continue to put in as much effort during your notice period as you did on your first day.
- Don’t miss work or come in late.
- Thank your co-workers and supervisors personally and/or via email.
- Avoid making negative statements about your company and/or colleagues, and don’t gloat about your new opportunity in person, through email, or on social media. You don’t want unprofessional statements coming back to haunt you.
- Don’t air your complaints about previous issues you faced at work you never know whom you may be working with or for in the future.
- Make sure your company-issued devices are handed over in promptly and that your workspace is pristine when you leave.
- Remove any personal items, and organize both your digital and hardcopy files properly.
- Remind yourself of your reasons for moving on, and focus on the new opportunity ahead of you.
- Do not feel guilty about leaving!
- Leave on good terms in a professional manner.
Please consider it might cause some stress for the employer who needs to find a replacement. Therefore it's important to give the notice in time (especially check with your contract), with for example two or four weeks, which is often an accepted minimum period of time.
We hope you made the best decision and this Job Resignation Letter can be of good use to you, in order to write a polite and concise resignation letter.
We hope you made the best decision and this Official Job Resignation Letter can be of good use to you, in order to write a polite and compelling resignation letter.
Good luck with your next chapter! Download this formal job resignation letter template now!