How do you write a resume if you are changing careers and that makes a winning first impression? How to become a paralegal or legal assistant? What does a Paralegal do?
Recent graduate in paralegal studies with experience in conducting interviews and legal research. Seeking to bring work experiences and academic training into an entry-level paralegal position at a mid-sized law firm. An organized, dedicated worker looking to work closely with attorneys. Get a more in-depth rundown on career objectives. Paralegal responsibilities:
- Assisted three senior paralegals with the research and gathering of legal documents in preparation for trials;
- Maintained database and files, answered phones, received messages, and performed other office administrative tasks;
- Supported the preparation of documents for criminal and civil trials by scheduling and conducting interviews with clients, witnesses, and other lawyers;
- Created and maintained a paper and electronic litigation database.
Creating an engaging resume can be one of the most significant factors in helping you get the job. For the HR manager or Hiring manager to decide to invite you for an interview, they need to accept and embrace your resume at first sight. Getting attention is important in the recruitment process.
If you are an entry-level applicant, make sure to highlight any previous jobs and experiences if possible. Make sure to create the following structure for your CV or Resume:
- Volunteering Experience;
- Key Accomplishments;
- Hobbies (nice to have, especially when relevant to the role being applied for).
A good objective for this position might be that you mention that you are providing professional service or assistance to attain the highest level of customer care.
Explain further about the time you spent in related jobs, for example, in retail and convenience store sales, housekeeping, banking, logistics, IT consulting, universities, or whatever your field is. Explain how you have a proven record of providing excellent support or service, and in your application letter or message, you can further provide specific examples.
Try to make a very attractive suggestion in your resume that is appealing to the hiring manager. For example, if you work in customer service, emphasize that you are capable of turning customers into regular buyers, and how this will be a great result of your work.
There are a few basic requirements for a Resume, which should adhere to the following:
- the brief text, preferably one page in length;
- clean, error-free, and easy to read;
- structured and written to highlight your strengths;
- immediately clear about your name and the position you are seeking.