How to grab your future employers' attention when you are applying for a new job? Download this formal Application Letter Sample now!
There are a few basic requirements for a formal application letter, such as the following:
- Structured and written to highlight your strengths;
- Brief, preferably one page in length;
- Clean, error-free, and easy to read;
- Immediately clear about your name and the position you are seeking;
- Expands upon your resume; do not repeat it verbatim;
- Includes the person’s full name if you do not know the gender;
- Limited to 3-4 paragraphs and 1 page;
- Using common business letter format;
- No copying of exact words/phrases from sample letters without checking the context;
- Uses the correct name of the organization;
- Introduce yourself: Be enthusiastic and authentic! Show off your character and personality.
- Be concise & professional;
- Demonstrate why you are a good fit;
- Direct reader’s attention to your CV;
- Highlight education & experience.
SAMPLE APPLICATION LETTER
University Avenue Green Bay, After reading the Job posting / Job listing available with Center on the Career Services’ Phoenix Recruitment Online, I have become quite interested in this position..
Our cover letter templates have ways to grab your employers’ attention. Every detail of importance of your letter is taken into account. After downloading and filling in the blanks, you can customize every detail, typography, font size, and appearance of your cover letter and finish in minutes.
Download this formal Application Letter now and impress your future employer in minutes! Don't forget to add your resume to this letter.