DATE: _____________, 20______, at ______________________________________________________, California.
To Tenant: _____________________________________________________________________________________
Items left blank or un checked are not ap pli ca ble.
1. You are a residential Tenant under a rental agreement or expired lease agreement
1.1 dated __________________, at __________________________________________________, California,
1.2 entered into by _________________________________________________________, as the Tenant, and
1.3 ________________________________________________________________________, as the Landlord,
1.4 regarding real estate referred to as _________________________________________________________
2. This notice is intended as at least a thirty (30) day notice prior to termination of your month-to-month tenancy.
3. On or before _____________, 20______, a date at least thirty (30) days after service of this notice, you will
vacate and deliver possession of the premises to Landlord, or ________________________________________
4. Rent due prior to the date to vacate includes pro rated rent of $_______________, payable on or before
5. Landlord acknowledges the prior receipt of $_______________ as your security deposit.
5.1 Notice: You have the right to request and be present for an inspection of the premises to be conducted
within two weeks of expiration of this notice to vacate for the purposes of providing you with an itemized
statement of deductible charges for repairs and cleaning and allowing you the opportunity to remedy these
deficiencies and avoid a deduction from your security deposit. [Calif. Civil Code §1950.5(f)(1)]
5.2 Within 21 days after you vacate, Landlord will furnish you with a written statement and explanation of
any deductions from the deposit and a refund of the remaining amount. [Calif. Civil Code §1950.5(g)(1)]
5.3 Landlord may deduct only those amounts necessary to:
a. reimburse for Tenant defaults in rental payments;
b. repair damages to the premises caused by Tenant (ordinary wear and tear excluded);
c. clean the premises, if necessary; and
d. reimburse for Tenant loss, damage or excessive wear and tear on furnishings provided to Tenant.
6. Landlord may show the leased premises to prospective tenants during normal business hours by first giving you
written notice at least 24 hours in advance of the entry. The notice will be given to you in person, by leaving a copy
with an occupant of suitable age and discretion, or by leaving the notice on or under your entry door.
7. If you fail to vacate and deliver possession of the premises by the date set for you to vacate, legal proceedings may be
initiated to regain possession of the premises and to recover rent owed, treble damages, costs and attorney fees.
8. The reason for termination _____________________________________________________________________.
( Required by rent control ordinance or Section 8 housing)
Date: _____________, 20______
30-DAY NOTICE TO VACATE
For Use by Residential Landlord
FORM 569 04-08 ©2008 first tuesday, P.O. BOX 20069, RIVERSIDE, CA 92516 (800) 794-0494
NOTE: A res i den tial land lord may ter mi nate a month-to-month ten ancy by giv ing at least thirty (30) days' writ ten no tice to
the ten ant un less the ten ant has re sided on the prop erty for one year or more. [Ca lif. Civil Code §§1946,1946.1]