Department of Health and Human Services - Office for the Community Sector
Draft Business Case and Risk Assessment Template
Section 1: Approval to Proceed to Funding Agreement
The objectives of this section of the Business Case is to document the approval:
• of the Business Case and Risk Assessment, and recommend proceeding to initiating a Funding Agreement; and
• to enter into (‘execute’) the Funding Agreement, subject to satisfactorily reaching agreement with Community Sector Organisation (CSO) on the
basis of the terms and conditions set out in the Business Case and Risk Assessment; and
• to make payments in line with the terms set out in this Business Case, or to delegate the approval to make a payment to the Manager, Finance and
Performance, Office of the Community Sector, subject to the satisfactory performance and compliance by the CSO with the Funding Agreement.
The policy for approval of the Business Case and Risk Assessment and recommend proceeding to initiating a Funding Agreement is based on the proposed
value of annual funding.
For annual funding of:
• less than $100,000 - approval is required by the Operational Unit CEO or Director;
• $100,000 and more, but less than $250,000 - approval is required by the Operational Unit CEO and Director after obtaining the agreement of the
Director of the OCS, with reporting to the CRC; and
• $250,000 and more – recommended by the Operational Unit CEO and Director, quality assured by OCS and recommended to the CRC for CRC
approval to proceed.
These thresholds will be incorporated within Department of Health and Human Services Delegations to be applied for all Funding Agreements established
from 1 July 2009.
Application of Policy Before 1 July 2009
For all Funding Agreements established before 1 July 2009, the approval process will still require application of existing Department of Health and Human
Services Delegations, including where applicable approval by the Contract Review Committee (CRC). However, all Operational Unit CEOs and Directors
are encouraged to use the thresholds as a basis of documenting their recommendations to CRC.
OCS Business Case and Risk Assessment Template 20090514.doc