MIGUEL A. ALONSO
P.O. Box 1021
Rio Grande, Puerto Rico 05291
A challenging position in a Manufacturing, Engineering or Facilities Operational environment where my overall
management and technical background, along with the leadership and decision making capabilities, will be combined
to render the most benefit to the company.
Diverse experience in Management and Operations within Manufacturing, Environmental, Quality, Facility
Engineering and Maintenance disciplines. Major strengths in leadership, motivation, communication and the
development of a result oriented organization.
JOHNSON & JOHNSON JUNE 2003 to Present
MANUFACTURING OPERATIONS DIRECTOR January 2004 to Present
Responsible for the manufacturing operations of MPO, Parenterals Oncological / Non Oncological and Biological
products. Major accomplishments in areas of:
• Achieved increase of first pass quality yield from 78% to 95 %
• Frozen Schedule attainment improvement from 72% to 96%
• Deployment of an organization development plan to support flexible work force to reduce idle time
from 35% to 10%.
FACILITIES AND ENGINEERING DIRECTOR June 2003 to December 2003
Responsible for the upkeep of 6 Buildings within the Manufacturing Site. This upkeep ranges from maintaining all
utilities in support of the entire site to the surveillance and maintenance of all aseptic areas supporting manufacturing
operations. Responsible for Site projects development and implementation in support of the operation.
• Provided and executed plan to transition from TriMax to Maximo Maintenance Management System
• Developed a 5 year maintenance and facility operating plan.
• Completed the acquision and intallation of a new Kikusui containment tablet compression unit
supporting the OSD manufacturing of critical product.
MGM OPTICAL LABORATORY, INC NOV 1998 to MAY 2003
OPERATIONS MANAGER- Acrylic and Silicone IOL Manufacturing Jan 2003 to May 2003
Responsible for the management of two Manufacturing Operations within a centralized organizational environment.
• Re-organized and stabilized the Silicone IOL operation in the area of productivity, product yield and
identifying areas of improvement (wastes). 6 Exempts, 14 Hrly's, 380 DL’s.
• Business Operational Budget Responsibility of 29M.
• Implementation of Lean manufacturing for Acrylic operation.
Resume Contributed for Sample Purposes Only
Written by ©AResumeWizard.com