NETWORK & SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician
CISCO Certified Network Associate
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
Microsoft Certified Professional
Goal-oriented and collaborative IT professional with experience applying hardware and software design,
installation, administration, and configuration to support growing businesses. Proven analytic and problem-solving
skills with the keen ability to assess needs, define requirements, develop value-added solutions, and execute
technical solutions that streamline and improve operating efficiencies. Adept in communicating with technical and
non-technical audiences. Develop system documentation and create policies to meet the needs of dynamic and
continuously changing environments.
QUALITY AUTO SALES – Network Administrator, San Antonio, Texas 2007-Present
Effectively manage system functionality to ensure ongoing operations, collections of funds, and inventory for a
used car dealership with 5 locations doing approximately $2 million in business annually. Support 60 internal
and external end users on a daily basis using Microsoft Server 2003 and Wyse terminals.
• Defined and implemented improved corporate policies regarding the location, safety and security of
servers and equipment.
• Designed and implemented Cisco VoIP offices, and managed the Cisco Avvid VoIP network, including
unity voice mail and unified messaging.
• Recommended modifications to improve speed of operations and system security measures.
• Configured and managed AD, Exchange, DHCP, WSUS, WDS, Antivirus and backup servers in the
FARMERS’– Insurance Agent, Detroit, Michigan 2001-2007
Counseled clients regarding risk management strategies. Sold life insurance and other policies, and worked with
clients to plan for a financially sound future.
• Cultivated and managed a $2 million book of business. Regarded for client commitment and the ability
foster proactive partnerships to meet short- and long-term financial goals.
• Contributed to achieving 95% service satisfactory levels within the office.
WESTON GROUP – Systems Engineer, Springfield, Illinois 2000-2001
Provided professional leadership and direction to a team of 14, including 6 project team members. Drafted
documents outlining procedures for bidding and completing jobs. Established a server pool to coordinate and
monitor proper use and accountability of systems. Fostered an environment predicated on open communication.
• Established security policies for systems, and designed and managed secure networks for clients.
• Configured servers to meet specific requirements, including hard drives, memory, planners, video cards,
token ring raid arrays, and load software.
• Leveraged expertise in UNIX and NT servers to install 9 operating systems.
US AIR FORCE – Purchasing and Maintenance Manager, Shaw, South Carolina 1986-1998
Managed a multi-million dollar budget as part of leading a vehicle reliability and tracking program. Maintained a
fleet of vehicles at 98% reliability.
• Managed and ensured ongoing performance of the computer network. Conducted training on equipment
and software utilization.
DALLAS BAPTIST UNIVERSITY, Dallas, TX — Bachelor of Science
LAN hardware / software MS Windows 2003/2000/NT4 Server Exchange Server
IIS Server administration Active Directory RADIUS Server accounting and administration
MS Windows XP/2000/NT/9X desktop/workstation operating systems Backup Exec
MS Office 2003/XP/2000/97 Access 2003/XP/2000/97 Outlook 2003/XP/2000/98
TCP/IP Ethernet Networking DHCP and static IP addressing Wireless Networking
Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition