How to make a Home Inventory in Excel? An easy way to create your spreadsheet is by downloading this example Home Inventory Excel spreadsheet template now!
Our Excel templates are grid-based files designed to organize information and perform calculations with scalable entries. Beginners and professionals from all over the world are now using spreadsheets to create tables, calculations, comparisons, overviews, etc for any personal or business need.
This Excel template is a great way to increase your productivity and performance. It gives you access to do remarkable new things with Excel, even if you only have a basic understanding of working with formula’s and spreadsheets. If time or quality is of the essence, this ready-made presentation can certainly help you out!
You can easily customize this Home Inventory template and make this template serve as a ready to refer platform while trying to do insure of your home or business from unfortunate events like theft, fires, or other disasters. You can easily customize our templates can be customized and re-used in order to help you create a detailed home Inventory lists with ease.
Here are some tips:
- List recent purchases – Another way to start is with recent purchases—get into the inventory habit and then go back tackle your older possessions.
- Include the basic information – In general, describe each item you record, and note where you bought it, the make and model, what you paid and any other detail that might help in the event you need to make a claim.
- Record serial numbers – Usually found on the back or bottom of major appliances and electronic equipment, serial numbers are a useful reference.
- Keep proof of value – Store sales receipts, purchase contracts and warranty with your list.
- Count clothing by general category – For example, "5 pairs of jeans, 3 pairs of sneakers…" Make note of any items that are especially valuable.
- Check coverage on big ticket items – Jewelry, art and collectibles may have increased in value and may need special coverage separate from your standard homeowners insurance policy. While you're making your home inventory list, check with your agent to make sure you have adequate insurance for these items before there is a loss.
A detailed and well-organized food home stock inventory record can help you trace down the availability of all the assets, household items, and other things that are quite important for your home as well as for your business.
Download this Home Inventory Excel spreadsheet now!