Job title: the formal title of the position;
Reports to: the title of the position that the job incumbent reports to
Job purpose: a brief description of the general nature of the position; an overview of why the job exists; and what the role is expected to accomplish. The job purpose is usually not more than four sentences long. We are looking to hire a commendable executive chef to manage our kitchen staff and to resolve kitchen issues swiftly. The executive chef attracts and retains staff, maintains a cooperative relationship with team members, optimizes staff productivity, and serves as a replacement in team members' absence. You will train staff to use new recipes, cooking techniques and equipment, and oversee cooks performing food preparation. You will oversee the delivery of food supplies, prepare special dishes, and supervise overall kitchen operations during dinner service. To ensure success you will ensure your team delivers high-quality, cost-effective dishes promptly. Top candidates are creative, service-oriented, and level-headed.
Duties and responsibilities: list the primary job duties and responsibilities using headings and then give examples of the types of activities under each heading.
- Ensuring promptness, freshness, and quality of dishes.
- Coordinating cooks' tasks.
- Implementing hygiene policies and examining equipment for cleanliness.
- Designing new recipes, planning menus, and selecting plate presentations.
- Reviewing staffing levels to meet service, operational, and financial objectives.
- Hiring and training kitchen staff, such as cooks, food preparation workers, and dishwashers.
- Performing administrative tasks, taking stock of food and equipment supplies, and doing purchase orders.
- Setting and monitoring performance standards for staff.
- Obtaining feedback on food and service quality, and handling customer problems and complaints.
Qualifications: state the minimum qualifications required to perform the job successfully, and include:
- Professional Certification
- Specialized knowledge
- Other qualities such as personal characteristics
- Executive Chef skills
Working conditions: state whether a person has to work in special circumstances, such as shift work, working outdoors, working with challenging clients, etc.
Physical requirements: state whether the job is physically demanding like one is required to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects on a regular basis, do repetitive tasks with few breaks, and so forth.
- 2+ years of culinary education.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar position.
- Advanced knowledge of food professional
principles and practices.
- Proficient knowledge of human resources
- Excellent knowledge of BOH systems, ordering, and inventory.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Available to work on-call, shifts, after
hours, over weekends, and on public holidays.
Direct reports: list by job title any positions to be supervised by the incumbent.
Approved by: signature of the person with the authority to approve the job description
Date approved: the date upon which the job description was approved
Reviewed: date the job description was last reviewed
Ideally, a job description should be reviewed annually and updated as often as necessary. Having a ready-made sample job description will save you and your Human Resources or Recruitment Department time, cost, and effort!
For that reason, download this sample job description now to reach the next level of success in your recruiting process to find the right candidate!
Also interested in other Job description templates? Browse through our database and get instant access to hundreds of free and premium Job descriptions or other HR documents, HR forms, and more to make you more effective and efficient.
This job description template provides a sample that simplifies the process for the positions that you need to fill in. Download this Executive Chef Job Description sample now!