How did Steve Jobs wrote his famous commencement speech that make you cry? How do you prepare a Commemorative Speech Outline?
When you want to write a memorable commencement speech, have a look at Steve Job's speech is very powerful and worth to study. His speech main theme resonates with just about everyone who seeks meaning in their lives and their career. His credo become world famous: "Do what you love. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work."
Below you can find guidance and rules, you certainly can engage and capture your audience's attention instantaneously. Certainly, take your time to compile, edit, and review your speech which will benefit the audience and the efficacy of your message.
Keep the following in mind, since this is important when writing so you can deliver a professional and engaging speech:
- Thank you to each and every one of you for being here with us today;
- Include the names of the individuals you wish to thank especially;
- Know your audience and imagine like you are your audience;
- Know the purpose of your speech, and announce in the early beginning, why you will speech;
- Give hints to the length of the speech in the beginning;
- This speech structure keeps it engaging and can help initiate direct action: apply AIDA; principles (Attention – Interest – Desire – Action);
- Use a comfortable way of speaking, ideally in conversation style;
- Use regularly short clear sentences or proverbs and compose the speech in short paragraphs;
- Keep it brief and informative, without repetition;
- Edit and re-edit your speech until it’s satisfying for 110%;
- You have to practice the speech a few times to improve the way you deliver the speech: Practice makes perfect!
Very useful Quotes that can be used in your speech;
- "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."
- "There's no place like home."
- "Actions speak louder than words."
- "All good things must come to an end."
- "There's no time like the present."
- "A chain is only as strong as its weakest link."
- "Time heals all wounds."
- "When in Rome, do as the Romans."
We invite you to check out our compilation of speech templates
, which are intuitive and available in several kinds of formats, such as PDF, WORD, etc. By using our speech template, you take a head start and avoid starting from scratch. Instead, it guarantees that you will save time and effort and enables you to put more attention to the details. And details are especially important when delivering a successful speech.
Download this Commemorative Speech Outline and impress your audience with a professional decent speech!