If you follow these rules, you certainly can engage and capture your audience's attention instantaneously. Certainly, take your time to compile, edit, and review your speech which will benefit the audience and the efficacy of your message.
This is important, to deliver a professional and engaging speech:
- Thank you to each and every one of you for being here with us today.
- Include the names of the individuals you wish to thank especially.
- Write your speech with the following points to keep in mind:
- Know your audience and imagine like you are your audience;
- Know the purpose of your speech, and announce in the early beginning, why you will speech;
- Give hints to the length of the speech in the beginning;
- This speech structure keeps it engaging and can help initiate direct action: apply AIDA ; principles (Attention, Interest, Desire, Action);
- Use a comfortable way of speaking, ideally in conversation style;
- Use regularly short clear sentences or proverbs and compose the speech in short paragraphs;
- Keep it brief and informative, without repetition;
- Edit and re-edit your speech until it’s satisfying for 110%;
- Practice makes perfect.
Use this to your advantage when you are composing an engaging speech. Check out the speech templates below for your reference:
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary. | Vidal Sassoon