How to create a Family Tree? Download this Popular Family Tree template now!
This Popular Family Tree template will help you to show your family history in one nice overview. This blank Popular Family Tree has ways to grab your readers attention. This Popular Family Tree template is intuitive, ready-to-use and structured in a smart way.
How to create a Popular Family Tree:
- Introduce the Genogram/Family Tree to your family members and ask them for information;
- Use Squares for Males, Circles for Females, Triangles for Unborn Children, Miscarriages & Abortions. Connect with lines for relationships.
- You can begin at the bottom with the family or the top with the Great Grandparents or oldest know relatives.
- Ask for as much information as the family members can provide: birthdays, dates of marriages, divorces, or death.
- For living relatives ask if there was ever a reason I would need to contact him/her how could I reach them (address, phone #).
- Inquire about themes and family patterns: serial relationships, drug/alcohol dependency, violence, etc.
- Also look for strengths: lasting marriages, education, and cultural ties.
- Put age inside the symbol and date of birth to the side or off to the side.
- Use exact dates of marriage, divorce, and separation if available.
- Put children in order of birth—oldest to the left.
- Analyze the illnesses and their relationships.
Try it now and let this Popular Family Tree inspire you and others that visit you. We certainly hope that this Popular Family Tree will fit your needs.
Download this Popular Family Tree template now!