How do I write a good career objective in my Resume or Curriculum Vitae that will impress?
Firstly, what’s the meaning of a Curriculum Vitae? Curriculum Vitae is a noun and is Latin for "the course of your life", often shortened as CV or Vita. This basically stands for a sheet with a summary of a person's education, qualifications, skills, and previous occupations, typically sent with a job application or project proposal.
In order to get attention, make sure you craft an outstanding CV and at the same time, respect local business practices. As an entry-level applicant, it helps to highlight your previous jobs and duties in order to be invited for an interview. Please make sure not to lie, just to make the job descriptions more attractive. Often employers are looking for someone who wants to learn and who has transferable skills.
There are a few basic requirements to follow in order to make a successful Resume/CV:
- make sure it's a brief summary, preferably 1 A4 page in length;
- the CV is clean, error-free, and easy to read;
- structured and written to highlight your strengths;
- immediately clear about your name and the position you are seeking.
There are 2 main types of CV:
- chronological or traditional CV, and
- functional or skills-based CV.
What do you write in your career objective?
Career objective examples:
- To obtain a full-time position as a counselor or program coordinator working with individuals and groups.
- To secure an entry-level staff accountant position with a special interest in taxation.
- Seeking an administrative position in a non-profit organization where I can use my fund-raising, public relations, and management skills.
- To obtain a summer internship in marketing research with an emphasis on consumer products.
- To secure an entry-level position in the field of human resource management.
- Seeking a co-op position in electrical engineering; special interests include application in digital/analog electronics, communication systems, or microprocessor-based systems.
- To obtain a full-time position in the management of computer information systems specific areas of interest include data structures analysis and system design.
- To secure an internship in mechanical engineering focusing on process design.
- Seeking a position as a writer or editorial assistant with a publishing company.
Such Career Objectives have the ability to grab your future employer’s attention. After downloading, you can customize its appearance, and you are now ready to send out your own personalized resume.
Completing your Career Objective has never been easier and it will be finished within minutes... Download it now!