Our recruitment signage templates have ways to grab your viewers’ attention immediately. After downloading and modifying the sign according to your wishes, you can finish and print the sign in minutes and start recruiting new part-time employees.
Most job recruitment focuses on finding and keeping full-time employees, but the part-time workforce is increasing each year. How do you find that perfect part-time employee when they have so many options to choose from? What will make your business stand out?
Here are some ways you improve your recruitment game with a great eye-catching poster to attract part-time employees for your business.
Consider the shifts you have to fill, and the hours you need covered. Instead of creating job postings based on a generic “part-time help wanted”, consider advertising for the type of hours and shifts. That’s not unusual for night shift work, but what about:
After school shifts (high school students)
During school shifts (parents with kids in school)
Early morning or late afternoon shifts (college students)
Weekend shifts (people with full-time M-F jobs who want extra income)
On-call shifts (retired people, at-home empty nesters)
Evening shifts (high school and college students)
This list is just a basic approach, but once you identify the different shift types and related hours, you can advertise for that position in places the likely worker might be found. That might be on college campuses, at the senior center, a local parent’s newsletter, etc.
- Research your candidate profile, and find out what they want
- Look beyond unemployed candidates
- Offer attractive benefits according to the candidate profile
- Hold a nice local job fair and make sure it gets enough attention (and a competition)
- Advertise were part-time employees spent their time, and hang our sign there
- Be generous with your employee discounts
- Be aware of local layoffs and try to get the attention of those people
- Provide workarounds for class schedules if you look for students
- Promote flexibility to specific demographics, based on the infrastructure
- Work with local realtors to find more candidates
- Reward longevity to make staying appealing
- Embrace security so part-time employees don’t have to worry
- Work with local college or universities
- Be clear about the possibility of eventual full-time
- Promote your built-in benefits
- Have a policy of giving a head’s up on the work and company development
- Make applying very easy, only in a few clicks or via a simple form (important to catch phone number/email)
- Do not only look when you need, but also look when you do not directly need new staff
- Offer a signing and referral bonus
Try out our online Free and Premium Professional templates, forms, and contracts today. Save, fill-In the blanks, print our free printable Now Hiring Sign Blue color template now! Place the poster on the right spots, where it's visible for your future part-time employee candidates where they spend their time.