Are you about to start a construction project and you need a professional Construction Contract legal template? Download this Construction Contract template in Microsoft Word now!
Before you showcase the first wall of your next construction renovation or project, you should sign a Construction Contract to protect yourself and your company in the case of delays, cost overruns, or other general mishaps.
If you're hiring the contractor or construction firm, customize this template to outline how for example weather delays and material shortages are handled, when and how much you'll be paying for this service, and when you want the workers to show up each day.
When you need to use this Construction Contract document?
- You are a contractor in charge of building or renovating a property.
- You are hiring a contractor to build or renovate your property.
This Construction Contract template covers the most important subjects and will help you to structure and communicate with the involved stakeholders in a professional way. The following articles are included:
- Hold Harmless
- Assignment of Contract
- Change Orders
- General Guarantee
- Lien Waivers
- Permits and Codes
- Work Performance
- Condition of Premises
- Use of Utilities
- Use of On Site Loam
- Right to Stop Work
- Payment Schedule
- Contract Security (In lieu of conventional performance and payment bonds)
- Liquidated Damages
- Governing Law
- Additional citations as applicable.
- Conflict of Interest
- Retention of and Access to Records
Besides applicable governing law, the following references to trade agreements and other relevant law references were mentioned:
- equal Employment Opportunity;
- title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended;
- Davis Bacon Act (Wage Rate Determination attached);
- contract Work Hours and Safety Standards Act;
- title I of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, as amended;
- Copeland Anti Kickback Act;
- Vermont Community Development Act;
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
Misunderstandings happen often on construction projects, but when all of the details are outlined in a construction contract, it makes everyone's lives easier.
A construction contract is also known as a construction agreement.
Our trustworthy legal templates are all crafted and screened by legal professionals.The 3 step process virtually guarantees you can finish and print your legal document in minutes!
Download this Construction Contract Template example, fill-In the blanks, print ...done!