No matter what size the washroom is, if it’s a large or smaller surface, it shouldn’t take much time if you prepare the cleaning in advance with the right materials. Follow the following steps and you can have your washroom looking clean and brand new in a short time:
1. Signage: For commercial Public washrooms it’s important to block the entrance or at least put up ‘wet floor signs’. Make sure to place the signage on top of the wet floor, inside the Public washroom, at the entrance, and make anyone aware that the floor is slippery.
2. Dust, sweep and empty the trash cans: make sure to dust all the Public washroom fixtures, countertops, exhausts, openings, etc. before you start with cleaning and general sweeping the floor surface. Then empty the dust bins and trash cans and put in new trash bags.
3. Check all disposable items. Refill if necessary the paper towels, sanitary napkins, soap, and toilet paper dispensers so users will have access to the hygiene and sanitation products.
4. Clean urinals and toilets: to make sure you get the best results, pre-treat the toilet bowls and inside the urinals first (with hot water for example) and allow the cleaner to leave it for one to two minutes. Then, make sure to clean all the toilets and urinals thoroughly both inside and out.
5. Clean countertops, sinks, and mirrors: there should be no stains, fatty fingerprints, water spots, soap buildup, or other visuals when you are finished.
6. Clean walls and fixtures: wipe down the walls, doors, knobs, Public washroom dividers, and other fixtures.
7. Mop the floors: with a wet mop, work your way from the back of the washroom toward the door. Allow the floor to dry completely before opening the washroom to guests to prevent any unwanted injury.
Now that you know all the steps to make a Public washroom clean in a professional way. Use this Public washroom cleaning checklist to implement the structure that all these necessary steps are done on a weekly basis and checked on a weekly basis to ensure that your public or private washrooms are absolutely clean. By successful implementation, you can see that your facility will stay free of germs, mud, and bacteria. Follow through on this regular washroom cleaning schedule to help keep your Public washrooms spotless and clean.
This easy to washroom cleaning checklist will help you to manage your cleaning staff. The checklist clearly shows what needs to be cleaned and when. It includes clear supervisor inspection moments to show a sense of authority. Personnel needs to sign off each row and state what item has been cleaned or has been stocked.