How to make an Easter Crossword Puzzle? Download this easy Easter word puzzle with answers and have fun during the Easter holiday!
Not only are printable crossword puzzles free on our website, but a player can also find lots of puzzles for whatever suits their mood. Often, when people hear the word crossword, what generally comes to mind is a specific square-shaped game divided into smaller squares, arranged vertically and horizontally, that stand for letters, with the first of each word being numbered. The clues to each word are given within the puzzle or its theme. There are a number of variations on this crossword puzzle.
What is the true meaning of Easter?
The Christian holiday of Easter has a biblical and high religious origin and from there became an annual holiday in many countries. Originally, Easter is a Christian faith holiday that celebrates the belief in the resurrection of Jesus Christ it is also associated with pre-Christian pagan times traditions.
The legend of the Easter Bunny (or Easter Hare) and eggs were first noticed in German folklore and emerged in the 19th century as the main symbols of Easter. They symbolize new life and beginnings. The bunny was first mentioned in Georg Franck von Franckenau's "De ovis paschalibus" or “About Easter Eggs” (1682),
In German Lutherans traditions and stories, the "Easter Hare" figure would judge children on their behavior, if they have been good or bad. The good children would receive colorful eggs as rewards on Easter Sunday. The Germans created a tradition of an egg-laying hare called "Osterhase" or "Oschter Haws".
The rabbits and eggs, as well as the Christian story when Jesus rose from the dead and started a new life, both similarly are about new life and new beginnings, and both are the basis for Easter.
Fun facts about Easter
- The annual date of Easter is related to the lunar calendar and depends on the full moon.
- The Easter holiday was named after the Anglo-Saxon Goddess, Eostre, who is the goddess of spring and rebirth.
- The first chocolate Easter egg was made in Great Brittain, in the city of Bristol in the year 1873.
- The Easter Bunny/Hare originated in the 19th century and became the most prominent symbol of Easter.
- The Swiss do not get Easter eggs delivered by the Easter bunny, but by a cuckoo.
- The first story about hare hiding eggs was published in 1680-1682.
- Painting eggs comes from a 13th-century Ukrainian tradition.
- Christians originally decorated the church and the home with Easter lilies. Lilies symbolize purity.
We provide this blank Crossword Puzzle Easter that is fun to play and definitely will keep your attention. This Crossword template is intuitive, ready-to-use and structured in a smart way. We certainly hope you will have a lot of fun playing this Crossword puzzle.
Download this printable Crossword Puzzle Easter answers now! Just print it and have fun!